Can I Leave Comments Using the Insight Form?

• Bug
  • Thread starter Stephen Tashi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    insights
In summary, there is a known problem where clicking on the "3 comments" link in the "Partial Differentiation Without Tears" insight does not show any comments. However, this issue is not present in the "Solving The Cubic For Dummies" insight. Until a comment is submitted via the Insight form, the comments will not appear. It has been suggested that the first commenter should use the Insight form to start the discussions. However, it may be too much to ask and the focus should be on getting the bug fixed. In the meantime, it is recommended to use the Insight form to send "Thanks!" to the author or to delete a comment in the forum thread and repost it using the form.
Stephen Tashi
Science Advisor
Clicking on "3 comments" in the "Partial Differentiation Without Tears" insight doesn't work for me. No comments appear. But clicking on the "4 Comments" in "Solving The Cubic For Dummies" does work.

Physics news on Phys.org
Until there is a comment submitted via Insights the comments won't show. It's a known problem.

Suggestion: Would it help if the announcement of the Insight in the forum thread
suggest that
the first commenter should use the Insight form to kick off the discussions?

robphy said:
Suggestion: Would it help if the announcement of the Insight in the forum thread
suggest that
the first commenter should use the Insight form to kick off the discussions?
I think it's too much to ask. We just need to get the bug fixed :)

Greg Bernhardt said:
I think it's too much to ask. We just need to get the bug fixed :)
Agreed.
In the meantime, would it help if your "Thanks!" to the author was sent via the Insight form?
(Or maybe I could delete my comment in the Partial Differentiation forum thread and post it via the form.)

robphy said:
Agreed.
In the meantime, would it help if your "Thanks!" to the author was sent via the Insight form?
(Or maybe I could delete my comment in the Partial Differentiation forum thread and post it via the form.)
Yeah I usually try to do just that :)

Related to Can I Leave Comments Using the Insight Form?

1. What is the purpose of the Comments link in Insights?

The Comments link in Insights is a tool that allows users to provide feedback, ask questions, and engage in discussions about a particular piece of data or information in the Insights platform. It is designed to encourage collaboration and facilitate a deeper understanding of the data.

2. How do I access the Comments link in Insights?

The Comments link is typically located next to or below the data or information being discussed in the Insights platform. It may also appear as a button or icon. Clicking on the link will open a window or page where comments can be viewed and added.

3. Can anyone view or add comments in the Insights platform?

It depends on the settings of the specific Insights platform. Some platforms may allow anyone with access to the data to view and add comments, while others may restrict access to certain users or require approval from a moderator before a comment can be posted.

4. How can I use the Comments feature to improve my data analysis?

The Comments feature can be used to gather additional insights, clarify confusing data, or address any discrepancies or anomalies in the data. By engaging in discussions and exchanging ideas with others, you can gain a deeper understanding of the data and potentially identify new patterns or trends.

5. Is there a limit to the number of comments that can be added in the Insights platform?

The limit for the number of comments will vary depending on the specific Insights platform. Some platforms may have a limit on the total number of comments, while others may have a limit on the number of comments per user or per data point. It is best to check the platform's guidelines or contact the platform administrator for more information.