Can I do this in this math problem/substitution Calc 2

• Thread starter Steebly
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Calc 2
In summary, the integral of 4*e^(4x)*sin(e^(4x))dx can be solved using substitution method and results in e^(4x)*-cos*[1/e^(4x)], with the exponents canceling out.
Steebly

Homework Statement

Find integral of 4*e^(4x)*sin(e^(4x))dx

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Can I do this in this math problem
I took the integral of 4e^(4x)*sin(e^(4x)) dx using substitution method. in the end I got e^(4x)*-cos*[1/e^(4x)] do the ex^4x just cancel out?

Physics news on Phys.org
Steebly said:

Homework Statement

Find integral of 4*e^(4x)*sin(e^(4x))dx

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Can I do this in this math problem
I took the integral of 4e^(4x)*sin(e^(4x)) dx using substitution method. in the end I got e^(4x)*-cos*[1/e^(4x)] do the ex^4x just cancel out?
Yes.

Related to Can I do this in this math problem/substitution Calc 2

1. Can I use the chain rule in this math problem?

Yes, the chain rule can be applied in many problems in Calculus 2. It is used to find the derivative of composite functions. Make sure to identify the inner and outer functions and apply the chain rule formula correctly.

2. Is it possible to use substitution in this problem?

Yes, substitution can be a useful technique in solving integrals or derivatives in Calculus 2. It involves replacing a variable with a simpler expression to make the problem easier to solve. Make sure to choose the correct substitution and follow the proper steps.

3. Can I use trigonometric identities in this problem?

Yes, trigonometric identities can be used in various problems in Calculus 2. They are useful in simplifying complex expressions and can also be used to integrate or differentiate trigonometric functions. Be familiar with the common identities and how to apply them.

4. Is it necessary to use u-substitution in this problem?

It depends on the problem. U-substitution is commonly used for integrals that involve a product of functions, but it may not always be necessary. It is important to recognize when it can be helpful and when it is not needed.

5. Can I apply the product rule in this problem?

Yes, the product rule can be used to find the derivative of two functions multiplied together. It is commonly used in Calculus 2 when dealing with functions that are not in a simple form. Make sure to follow the formula correctly and be aware of the order in which the functions are multiplied.