Can I do graduate degree in Physics after undergrad in econo

In summary, the person is currently studying for a Bachelor's degree in Economics but has a strong interest in pursuing a graduate degree in Physics in the future. They are wondering if it is possible to do so with a good GRE score and what they should study to have a strong understanding of undergrad physics. The expert suggests taking all the courses in an undergrad physics education and gaining research experience to increase chances of getting into graduate school.
AYKANITY
I am currently doing Bachelors in Economics however I have always wanted to pursue astrophysics and all. So like can I in the future with a good enough GRE score do a graduate degree in Physics? And also what would you suggest me to study to know undergrad education of Physics? I really love Physics, please answer this question for me. Please.

Physics news on Phys.org
AYKANITY said:
And also what would you suggest me to study to know undergrad education of Physics?

All of the courses that are taught in an undergrad physics education. You will also need research experience to get into graduate school. This is why undergrad exists.

Likes AYKANITY and Dr. Courtney

Related to Can I do graduate degree in Physics after undergrad in econo

1. Can I pursue a graduate degree in Physics after completing my undergraduate degree in Economics?

Yes, it is possible to pursue a graduate degree in Physics after completing an undergraduate degree in Economics. Many universities have flexible admissions policies that allow students from various backgrounds to apply for graduate programs in Physics. However, you may need to take additional courses in Physics to meet the prerequisites for graduate studies.

2. Will my undergraduate degree in Economics be considered for admission into a graduate program in Physics?

Yes, your undergraduate degree in Economics will be considered for admission into a graduate program in Physics. However, you may need to have a strong academic background in Physics, Mathematics, and other related subjects. Admissions committees will often evaluate your overall transcript, letters of recommendation, and personal statement to determine your readiness for a graduate degree in Physics.

3. Are there any specific courses or requirements I need to complete before applying for a graduate degree in Physics?

Yes, there may be specific courses or requirements that you need to complete before applying for a graduate degree in Physics. These may include certain Physics and Math courses, research experience, and standardized test scores such as the GRE. It is best to check with the specific graduate program you are interested in to determine their specific requirements for admission.

4. Will my background in Economics be beneficial for graduate studies in Physics?

While your background in Economics may not directly relate to Physics, it can still be beneficial for graduate studies in Physics. Economics involves critical thinking, problem-solving, and data analysis skills that are also important in Physics. Additionally, having a diverse academic background can bring a unique perspective to your graduate studies and research in Physics.

5. Are there any opportunities for me to combine my background in Economics with my graduate studies in Physics?

Yes, there are opportunities to combine your background in Economics with your graduate studies in Physics. Many universities offer interdisciplinary programs or research opportunities that allow you to apply your knowledge and skills from both fields. You can also pursue a career that combines both Economics and Physics, such as in fields like financial modeling or energy economics.