Can Humans Possess Superhuman Strength in Their Feet?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Strength
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for a thread dedicated to discussing feats of superhuman strength and feet. One person shares their feet smell like roses, while another mentions a study about college students chewing their toenails and big toe cuticles. The conversation ends with someone sharing their niece's ceramic art and their own ability to walk on their tip toes for a long distance.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
When I saw that the Feats of Superhuman Strength thread was active in S&D, it struck me that we need a thread dedicated to feets, as well.

Personally, my feet smell like roses washed by a spring rain.

Physics news on Phys.org
I have a fetish for the metric system.

Ivan Seeking said:
When I saw that the Feats of Superhuman Strength thread was active in S&D, it struck me that we need a thread dedicated to feets, as well.

Personally, my feet smell like roses washed by a spring rain.

I don't believe there is anything superhuman about your claim. I will submit that you washed your feet with something using that fragrance, or used a lotion of some sort. There is no scientific evidence to support that one's feet would naturally smell of "roses washed by a spring rain."

I read once that 25% of college students polled admitted to chewing their toenails and/or big toe cuticles. It didn't mention what their feet smelled like.

Evo said:
I read once that 25% of college students polled admitted to chewing their toenails and/or big toe cuticles. It didn't mention what their feet smelled like.

That's so flippin' gross!

Evo said:

Whoa. Well I give them kudos for their honesty -- and flexibility.

My niece is an artist in ceramics and performs feats of clay.

I can walk on my tip toes for half a mile.

Related to Can Humans Possess Superhuman Strength in Their Feet?

1. What are "Feets of Superhuman Strength"?

"Feets of Superhuman Strength" is a term used to describe a physical ability in which an individual is able to perform feats of strength that are beyond the capabilities of an average person. This can include lifting heavy objects, breaking through barriers, or exerting extreme force with their feet.

2. Can anyone have "Feets of Superhuman Strength"?

No, not everyone is capable of having "Feets of Superhuman Strength". This ability is often associated with genetic mutations or intense training and conditioning. It is not a common trait and not everyone is born with it.

3. How is this ability possible?

The exact mechanism behind "Feets of Superhuman Strength" is not fully understood. Some scientists believe that it is a result of enhanced muscle fibers or increased neural control, while others suggest that it is due to the release of adrenaline and other hormones during moments of extreme stress or danger.

4. Are there any risks associated with having "Feets of Superhuman Strength"?

Yes, there can be risks involved with this ability. Exerting superhuman strength can put a lot of strain on the body, leading to potential injuries such as muscle tears, broken bones, or joint damage. It is important for individuals with this ability to train properly and know their limits to avoid these risks.

5. Can "Feets of Superhuman Strength" be used for good?

Absolutely! Many individuals with this ability use it for positive purposes, such as in sports or to help others in emergency situations. However, it is important to use this ability responsibly and not to harm others or oneself in the process.