Can different religions coexist peacefully in India?

• News
  • Thread starter Dr.Brain
  • Start date
  • Tags
    India
In summary, the conversation discusses the coexistence of different religions in India, with a Hindu majority and a Sikh Prime Minister and Muslim President. The speaker also mentions the role of government propaganda in perpetuating religious hatred between nations.
Dr.Brain
Like always , my ideas bump into my head when I am at bed at night :biggrin:

I have heard about all sorts of religous-communal hate ...blah blah(I am good at social discussions, so bare me , science discussions invited..:))

Take the example of INDIA or HINDUstan

Hindustan/India was a land of Hinduism , like almost 99% of people living in India were Hindus , and now they are about 85% og the population

So hear this:

India(Hindu democratic country)

Prime Minister : Dr.Manmohan Singh (A Sikh)
President : Dr. Abdul Kalam ( A Muslim)

Please excuse me if i someone felt that I myself was discriminating religions. But hey! isn't that fabulous, I find it one of the peculiar things about INDIA :wink:

So what I meant was that Religions can easily co-exist . :approve:

Physics news on Phys.org
Dr.Brain said:
Like always , my ideas bump into my head when I am at bed at night :biggrin:

I have heard about all sorts of religous-communal hate ...blah blah(I am good at social discussions, so bare me , science discussions invited..:))

Take the example of INDIA or HINDUstan

Hindustan/India was a land of Hinduism , like almost 99% of people living in India were Hindus , and now they are about 85% og the population

So hear this:

India(Hindu democratic country)

Prime Minister : Dr.Manmohan Singh (A Sikh)
President : Dr. Abdul Kalam ( A Muslim)

Please excuse me if i someone felt that I myself was discriminating religions. But hey! isn't that fabulous, I find it one of the peculiar things about INDIA :wink:

So what I meant was that Religions can easily co-exist . :approve:

If you delve further you will find that the religious hatred between the two nations is due actually to propaganda from each government, without which such hatred would be greatly minimalized.

Yes, I believe that different religions can coexist peacefully in India. India is a diverse country with a long history of religious pluralism. Throughout its history, India has been home to various religions such as Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, Sikhism, and Islam, among others. This diversity is reflected in the country's culture, traditions, and values.

India's constitution guarantees freedom of religion to all its citizens, and this has played a significant role in promoting religious tolerance and harmony among different communities. The country also has laws in place to protect the rights of religious minorities and prevent any form of discrimination based on religion.

Moreover, the fact that India has had leaders from different religious backgrounds, as mentioned in the content, is a testament to the country's ability to embrace diversity and promote unity. This shows that people of different religions can work together towards a common goal and coexist peacefully.

However, it is important to acknowledge that there have been instances of religious conflicts and tensions in India. But these are often fueled by political agendas and not representative of the majority of the population. The people of India, for the most part, have a deep respect for each other's religious beliefs and live together in harmony.

In conclusion, India serves as a shining example of how different religions can coexist peacefully. The country's diversity is its strength, and it is something that should be celebrated and cherished. As long as there is mutual respect, understanding, and acceptance, different religions can coexist peacefully not just in India but in any part of the world.

Related to Can different religions coexist peacefully in India?

1. What is the "Peace Message From India"?

The "Peace Message From India" is a statement or declaration made by the Indian government or its leaders addressing the issue of peace and promoting it as an important value for the country and the world.

2. Why is India known as a messenger of peace?

India has a long history and tradition of non-violence and peaceful coexistence. Many renowned leaders and philosophers, such as Mahatma Gandhi and Swami Vivekananda, have emphasized the importance of peace in Indian culture. Additionally, India has been actively involved in peacekeeping efforts and has a strong commitment to promoting peace globally.

3. What is the significance of the "Peace Message From India"?

The "Peace Message From India" holds significant importance as it showcases India's commitment to promoting peace and harmony both domestically and internationally. It also serves as a reminder to individuals and nations to prioritize peace and non-violence in their actions and decisions.

4. Has India's "Peace Message" been successful?

India's efforts towards promoting peace have had mixed success. While India has been successful in maintaining peace within its borders and has actively participated in peacekeeping missions, there are still ongoing conflicts and tensions in certain regions. However, India remains committed to promoting peace and continues to work towards resolving conflicts through peaceful means.

5. How can individuals contribute to India's "Peace Message"?

Individuals can contribute to India's "Peace Message" by promoting peace and non-violent actions in their own lives. They can also support various initiatives and organizations working towards peace and actively participate in peacebuilding efforts in their communities. Additionally, individuals can educate themselves and others about the importance of peace and its positive impact on society.