Can anything capture a black hole?

In summary, the conversation discusses the potential existence of stable micro black holes and their interaction with other objects in space. The question posed is whether any object with mass, besides another black hole, can stop or capture a micro black hole in its trajectory. The response suggests that the black hole would interact with atoms and molecules similarly to a satellite flying by a planet, potentially slowing it down. It also mentions the possibility of overwhelming the black hole with material in a neutron star.
JEL
Hello everyone :) I hope this, my first, question here on this forum lives up to it's standard. I try :)

Hypothetically...

#1: Assuming stable MBH's (micro black hole's) can exist.

#2: Assuming such MBH's can form from cosmic radiation colliding with particles.

Can any object with mass, apart from another black hole, then stop or capture this MBH inside itself? (such as a neutron star for instance)

Or will the MBH always 'win' and continue through (and later away from, when it exits on the opposite side of it's entry-point) whatever object of mass it encounters along it's traveling trajectory?

I guess my question is: can anything stop (bring to a halt or stand-still) an MBH along it's traveling trajectory, or will it maintain a high traveling velocity virtually forever regardless of what it 'hits' (or absorbs) on it's way?

Thanks.
JEL

Astronomy news on Phys.org
I believe that a micro black hole will interact with atoms or molecules in a fashion similar to a satellite flying by a planet. If we use the black hole as the zero point then rocks in the mantle are flying at the kugleblitz at several km/s. After the flyby they will turn perpendicular still at several km/s. From the rocks perspective the kugelbitz is approaching and launching silicon ions forward and out. They ineraction would eventually slow the black hole down.
I believe that in an neutron star the material would overwhelm the hawking radiation. The kugelbitz would quickly grow. Maybe spit out and accretion disc and jets.

Related to Can anything capture a black hole?

1. Can a black hole be captured?

Technically, a black hole cannot be captured because it is a region of space with a gravitational pull so strong that nothing, including light, can escape. However, its effects can be observed and studied by scientists.

2. What can capture a black hole?

There is currently no known technology or method that can capture a black hole. Its immense gravitational pull makes it impossible for any object to approach it without being pulled in.

3. Can a black hole be destroyed or stopped?

No, a black hole cannot be destroyed or stopped. Its gravity is too strong for any force to counteract it. However, it can eventually lose mass and dissipate over a long period of time through a process called Hawking radiation, but this is a slow and gradual process.

4. Is it dangerous to try to capture a black hole?

Yes, it is extremely dangerous to try to capture a black hole. Its gravity is so strong that any object that gets too close to it will be pulled in and crushed. Additionally, the intense radiation and extreme conditions near a black hole make it impossible for any known materials to withstand it.

5. Can we learn more about black holes without capturing them?

Yes, scientists can use various methods, such as studying the effects of a black hole on its surroundings, observing its gravitational lensing, and analyzing the radiation emitted from it, to learn more about black holes without attempting to capture them. These methods allow us to gather valuable information and continue to expand our understanding of these mysterious objects.