Can anyone recommend a good book on the basics of Quantum Mechanics?

In summary, Quantum Mechanics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior of matter and energy on a very small scale. It has revolutionized our understanding of the fundamental building blocks of the universe and has led to many groundbreaking technologies. Anyone with a basic understanding of mathematics and physics can learn the basics of Quantum Mechanics, and there are many resources available, including books and online courses. Some popular books on the subject include "Introduction to Quantum Mechanics" by David J. Griffiths, "Quantum Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum" by Leonard Susskind and Art Friedman, and "Quantum Mechanics: A Modern Development" by Leslie E. Ballentine. Online resources for learning Quantum Mechanics include websites like Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare,
Tyler Wayne
I am a young student striving to learn more about science. I'm quite a nerd, I study all day long and I'm matriculating this year at the age of 16... I've chosen to study more into Quantum Chemistry and I need a book!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

At the bottom of this page you will find links to other threads with similar titles. :smile:

Related to Can anyone recommend a good book on the basics of Quantum Mechanics?

1. What is Quantum Mechanics?

Quantum Mechanics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior of matter and energy on a very small scale, such as atoms and subatomic particles.

2. Why is Quantum Mechanics important?

Quantum Mechanics has revolutionized our understanding of the fundamental building blocks of the universe and has led to many groundbreaking technologies, such as transistors and lasers.

3. Can anyone learn Quantum Mechanics?

Yes, anyone with a basic understanding of mathematics and physics can learn the basics of Quantum Mechanics. It is a complex subject, but with dedication and effort, it can be understood.

4. What are some good books on the basics of Quantum Mechanics?

Some popular books on the basics of Quantum Mechanics include "Introduction to Quantum Mechanics" by David J. Griffiths, "Quantum Mechanics: The Theoretical Minimum" by Leonard Susskind and Art Friedman, and "Quantum Mechanics: A Modern Development" by Leslie E. Ballentine.

5. Are there any online resources for learning Quantum Mechanics?

Yes, there are many online resources for learning Quantum Mechanics, such as online courses, lectures, and tutorials. Some popular websites include Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and Coursera.