Can anyone please direct me to a website showcasing some famous Research Papers?

In summary, the person is looking for websites where they can read research papers by famous physicists like Stephen Hawking and Albert Einstein. They have been unsuccessful in finding free websites and their local library is not well-stocked. One suggestion is the website "Classic papers on quantum mechanics and its interpretation" and another is the Nobel Prize lectures online.
Rhydo
Hi!

I'am young and am very excited about Physics. I would like to read the research papers written by famous physicists like Stephen Hawking and Albert Einstein. I have been looking for websites which feature these papers for free, but in vain.

Can anyone please help me with a link toa website from where I can read the real papers like the one written by Stephen Hawking on Blackhole thermodynamics and the like or maybe Albert Einstein's General Relativity papers?

I' am sorry if thi sounds stupid but I really couldn't find any websites and my local library is not very well stocked.

Physics news on Phys.org
The Nobel prize has lectures online. With a bit of luck you will find one or two famous people on their list :-)

http://www.nobelprize.org/

Related to Can anyone please direct me to a website showcasing some famous Research Papers?

1. What is the purpose of showcasing famous research papers on a website?

The purpose of showcasing famous research papers on a website is to make them easily accessible to the public, especially those in the scientific community. It allows for the dissemination of knowledge and promotes further research and collaboration.

2. How can I find a website that showcases famous research papers?

There are several ways to find a website that showcases famous research papers. One way is to search for specific keywords on search engines, such as "famous research papers website" or "scientific research papers database." You can also ask for recommendations from fellow scientists or check with reputable scientific organizations or institutions.

3. Are there any specific criteria for a research paper to be considered "famous"?

The definition of a "famous" research paper may vary, but generally, it refers to papers that have had a significant impact on the scientific community and have been widely cited or referenced by other researchers. These papers often present groundbreaking findings, propose new theories, or introduce innovative methods.

4. Can I access and download these famous research papers for free on these websites?

It depends on the website and the policies of the publishers or authors. Some websites may offer free access and downloads of famous research papers, while others may require a subscription or payment. It is important to check the website's terms and conditions or contact the website administrators for more information.

5. Is it ethical to use information from these famous research papers in my own work?

Yes, it is ethical to use information from these famous research papers in your own work as long as you properly cite and credit the original source. Plagiarism is a serious offense in the scientific community, so it is important to always give credit where it is due.