Can adding context snippets to photo contest entries improve voting decisions?

In summary, the members seem to be okay with the idea of posting a snippet of the context of a photo before voting, but they would like to know who the winner is. The admins have not yet spoken about this suggestion.
WiFO215
When members post photos for the contests, they sometimes have a small snippet/phrase which helps put their photo in context. I feel when a new voting thread is opened, these snippets might be placed along with the photo, if we voters don't remember what the picture was about when we saw the contest thread. Since the contestants don't write more than a phrase/line I thought this wouldn't be too hard to do. I feel this will help in the voting decision.

Physics news on Phys.org
Another suggestion might be to enter the picture with a pm to the mentor in charge of the photo contest. The mentor would post all pictures anonymously so that voting can be about the pictures and not about the most favorite PF member.

Also am the only one who finds the moment it has ended is a bit vaguely known and there is not an announcement of a winner; that the end is an anticlimax?

Erm...what? There is a sticky with the thread winners which is updated after each contest.

Andre said:
Another suggestion might be to enter the picture with a pm to the mentor in charge of the photo contest. The mentor would post all pictures anonymously so that voting can be about the pictures and not about the most favorite PF member.

Maybe, but I'd like to know who won at the end of the day.They should at least mention the winners when it is added to the sticky.

I think keeping the photos anonymous until the winner is announced would be great! Many times I will not vote because I don't want to be forced to choose between members (when I like both pictures equally). If the pictures were anonymous, I'd start participating again.

The only drawback is that it would put an extra burden on Zz.

Evo said:
I think keeping the photos anonymous until the winner is announced would be great! Many times I will not vote because I don't want to be forced to choose between members (when I like both pictures equally). If the pictures were anonymous, I'd start participating again.

The only drawback is that it would put an extra burden on Zz.

I'm happy to volunteer taking the pm's, posting the pix anonymously and put in the contestants after the voting.

So what have the admins to say about this? Any news?

Related to Can adding context snippets to photo contest entries improve voting decisions?

1. What is the purpose of a photo contest?

The purpose of a photo contest is to encourage individuals to showcase their photography skills and creativity by submitting their best photos for a chance to win a prize.

2. How do I enter a photo contest?

To enter a photo contest, you typically need to submit your photo(s) through an online platform or by mailing in physical copies. You may also need to follow specific guidelines or themes set by the contest organizers.

3. Can I edit my photos before submitting them to a contest?

It depends on the specific rules and regulations of the photo contest. Some contests may allow minor edits, such as cropping or adjusting brightness, while others may require the photos to be unedited.

4. What are the judging criteria for a photo contest?

The judging criteria for a photo contest may vary, but they often include factors such as creativity, technical skill, and adherence to the theme (if any). Some contests may also have a panel of judges, while others may use a voting system.

5. Are there any tips for increasing my chances of winning a photo contest?

Some tips for increasing your chances of winning a photo contest include carefully reading and following the rules and guidelines, submitting high-quality and unique photos, and promoting your entry through social media or other platforms. Additionally, studying and understanding the judging criteria can also help you tailor your submission to meet the expectations of the judges.