Can a server-brain revolutionize the field of robotics?

• Thread starter cnblock
  • Start date
In summary, a server-brain has the potential to revolutionize the field of robotics by providing advanced processing power and storage capabilities. This could allow robots to perform more complex tasks and make decisions in real-time, leading to significant advancements in industries such as manufacturing, healthcare, and transportation. Additionally, a server-brain could enable robots to learn and adapt to changing environments, making them more versatile and efficient. Overall, the integration of a server-brain into robotics has the potential to greatly enhance their capabilities and impact many different fields.
cnblock
Hello, I am a software developer. I am mostly interested in web development, but I may be branching out into the study of robotics, and I have some radical ideas in that area.

I have a college education, I got an associates degree, then I transferred to a university where I got a bachelors degree. I am aware of the utility of mathematics in various projects, however that is actually the area I am weakest in. I much prefer learning how to use public API's which are clear and valuable.

I have knowledge in object relational mapping, implementing encrypted database objects based on freely available crypto-algorithims (I don't make any, that's a bad practice without the proper schooling), and Model View Controller web applications.

One of my observations concerning robotics is that if the brain of the robot were a server, attached to the robot via a network connection we could get past the current problems we have with robotics and therefore get intelligent machines that don't require the additional weight. According to the news, the RQ-1 Predator drones use a tele-operation system, therefore I know the bandwidth for true autonomy is there, the drone would simply become a glove for the server.

I have in mind some algorithms which would use computer vision to get autonomy, and am posting them on my linked in account. Essentially we could make robots that visually acquire, even at great heights given valid input.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org