Can a Quantum Mechanic Fix Your Physics Problems?

In summary, David Franklin Farkas of Amherst, Massachusetts, is a spiritual healer, teacher, writer, speaker, shaman, and mystic who also claims to be a quantum mechanic. He offers consulting services to buildings in order to check for damage and repair any "holes" he finds.
kldickson
So there is this guy named David Franklin Farkas of Amherst. His website is http://househealing.com .

He "recently started a business psychically checking buildings for damage and repairing any 'holes' he finds in the energetic structure. It may sound like something from a sci-fi story, but Farkas' clients take the services offered by his consulting company, HouseHealing.com, very seriously." (Laura Sylvester, Daily Hampshire Gazette)

He says he's a "Spiritual Healer, Teacher, Writer, Speaker, Shaman, Mystic, and Ghost Buster, Quantum Mechanic, Technician of the Sacred".

Quantum mechanic, eh?

Idea: Those of us with a little free time contact him. Ask him for help with some actual physics.

One good idea for a prank call I saw floating around the internets went like this:

"Oh, hello, is this Dr. Farkas? Dr. David Farkas, the quantum mechanic? Awesome! I'm really glad I caught you - see, I have this huge problem, and I know you're the only one who can help me. See, I've got this electrical field that I'm dealing with experimentally, and I'm observing quantization that makes absolutely no sense on this level! I've run the Kelvin-Stokes theorem a dozen times, and what I'm seeing doesn't conform at all to Faraday's Law! Maybe you can check my math on this, I don't know, but I really think I need a quantum mechanic here."

Or perhaps ask him about the spin on the electrons in the 3d orbital of your copper(II) compound.

Ask him about your Feynman diagram.

Ask him why your alpha radiation is penetrating more than it should .

Physics news on Phys.org
Organizing raids on psuedoscientists from PF? I'm not sure that Greg would be too happy about that. lol

Total ********.

kldickson said:
Quantum mechanic, eh?

He works on very small cars.

Heh, I always love teh quantum mystic guys who don't know the first thing about real quantum mechanics. Maybe I'll call him and ask how it's possible that the angular part of my wavefunction can't be expanded into a linear combination of spherical harmonics.

kldickson said:
]
Or perhaps ask him about the spin on the electrons in the 3d orbital of your copper(II) compound.

Ask him about your Feynman diagram.

Ask him why your alpha radiation is penetrating more than it should .

Done!

Related to Can a Quantum Mechanic Fix Your Physics Problems?

1. What is quantum mysticism?

Quantum mysticism is a philosophical and spiritual movement that draws connections between the principles of quantum mechanics and metaphysical concepts, such as consciousness and the nature of reality.

2. Is quantum mysticism a legitimate scientific theory?

No, quantum mysticism is not recognized as a legitimate scientific theory by the scientific community. It is considered pseudoscience and has been heavily criticized for misinterpreting and misusing quantum mechanics.

3. What are some common misconceptions about quantum mysticism?

One common misconception is that quantum mechanics can explain paranormal or supernatural phenomena. Another is that quantum mechanics supports the idea of a conscious universe. Both of these claims are not supported by scientific evidence.

4. How does quantum mysticism differ from traditional mysticism?

Traditional mysticism typically involves seeking a direct experience with a higher power or spiritual realm, while quantum mysticism focuses on interpreting quantum mechanics in a mystical or spiritual way. Additionally, traditional mysticism is not based on scientific principles, while quantum mysticism attempts to incorporate scientific language and concepts.

5. Is there any scientific research or evidence to support quantum mysticism?

No, there is no scientific research or evidence to support the claims of quantum mysticism. In fact, many scientists and physicists have spoken out against the misinterpretation and misuse of quantum mechanics by quantum mystics.