Can a Gas-Powered Fan Boost Rollerblade Speeds?

• Thread starter aychamo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Fan Gas
In summary, the conversation is about a person who saw someone on TV using a gas-powered fan mounted on their back to zoom around on rollerblades. The person is wondering what type of motor would be suitable to reproduce this and suggests using a gas-powered weed eater engine. Another person jokingly suggests eating more beans to increase gas production.
aychamo
Hey guys;

When I was really young, I saw on a TV a guy who had a gas-powered fan mounted on to his back, and he could ontrol the throttle with somethin in his hand. He got on rollerblades and could zoom around a track at pretty decent speeds (30+ mph). There was no stopping mechanism..

I was wondering if I wanted to reproduce this, what would be a good motor to choose? I'm assuming some type of lawn equipment engine, perhaps a gas powered weed eater engine? And somehow mate it to a fan? But any suggestions?

Physics news on Phys.org
You already have motor, just eat more beans :smile:

Hey there,

That sounds like a really cool idea! Using a gas-powered fan to go fast definitely sounds like a unique and exciting way to get around. As for the best motor to use, I think you're on the right track with considering a lawn equipment engine. A gas-powered weed eater engine could potentially work, but you may want to also consider a small gas-powered lawnmower engine or even a small gas-powered scooter engine. These types of engines are designed for small, lightweight vehicles and could potentially provide the power and speed you're looking for.

As for mating the engine to the fan, that may require some trial and error and possibly some custom fabrication. It might be helpful to do some research and see if there are any similar projects or tutorials online that could give you some ideas and guidance. And of course, always make sure to take proper safety precautions when working with gas-powered engines.

Good luck with your project and have fun zooming around!

Related to Can a Gas-Powered Fan Boost Rollerblade Speeds?

What is a gas powered fan?

A gas powered fan is a device that uses a gasoline engine to power a fan or propeller, creating a strong air current for various purposes.

How does a gas powered fan work?

The gas powered fan works by using the gasoline engine to turn the fan or propeller blades, creating a strong air current. The engine is typically started with a pull cord or electric start, and the fan speed can be controlled by adjusting the throttle.

What are the benefits of using a gas powered fan?

Gas powered fans are often used for outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, or lawn care. They are portable, easy to use, and can provide a strong and consistent air flow for tasks such as drying wet surfaces, cooling down a space, or clearing debris.

Are there any safety precautions to consider when using a gas powered fan?

It is important to carefully read and follow the manufacturer's instructions when using a gas powered fan. Make sure to use the appropriate fuel and store it in a safe location away from heat or flames. Always use caution when handling fuel and never refuel the fan while it is running or hot.

How do I maintain a gas powered fan?

Regular maintenance of a gas powered fan is important for optimal performance and longevity. This may include cleaning or replacing the air filter, checking and replacing spark plugs, and changing the oil. It is also important to store the fan in a clean and dry location when not in use.