Can a Cylindrical Thermistor be Used to Build a Fuel Flow Meter?

In summary, the person is seeking suggestions for a Cylindrical Thermistor to be used in building a fuel flow meter. They ask for clarification on the type of cylindrical shape needed and express concerns about the sensitivity of the thermistor.
BtrM
I need Cylindrical Thermistor to build a fuel flow meter. Need suggestions...

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
BtrM said:
I need Cylindrical Thermistor to build a fuel flow meter. Need suggestions...

Thanks

"Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." - Elanore Roosevelt

Can you be a bit more specific, please? Do you mean a hollow cylinder to fit around a fuel line, or a solid cylinder to fit within a particular space, or what? Also, how is this to be applied? You might have trouble finding a thermister sensitive enough to notice fuel flowing past unless it's really hot. Not sure about that, though.

Related to Can a Cylindrical Thermistor be Used to Build a Fuel Flow Meter?

What is a cylindrical thermistor?

A cylindrical thermistor is a type of temperature sensor that uses the property of electrical resistance to measure temperature. It is shaped like a cylinder and made of a semiconductor material, such as ceramic or polymer.

How does a cylindrical thermistor work?

The electrical resistance of a thermistor changes with temperature due to the movement of charged particles within the semiconductor material. When the temperature increases, the resistance decreases, and vice versa. This change in resistance can be measured and used to calculate the temperature.

What are the advantages of using a cylindrical thermistor?

Cylindrical thermistors have a relatively high sensitivity and accuracy, making them suitable for precise temperature measurements. They also have a fast response time and can be used in a wide range of temperatures.

What are the common applications of cylindrical thermistors?

Cylindrical thermistors are commonly used in temperature control systems, such as in ovens, refrigerators, and air conditioning units. They are also used in medical devices, automotive electronics, and industrial equipment.

How do I choose the right cylindrical thermistor for my application?

The most important factors to consider when choosing a cylindrical thermistor are its resistance-temperature characteristics, response time, and temperature range. Make sure to also consider the size, cost, and compatibility with your measurement system.