Calculus tutorial DVDs and video links

In summary, these online lectures from Professor Mosley are a great supplement to the Larson textbook. They are thorough, but the DVDs do skip some sections.
opticaltempest
I thought I would share these links with others taking calculus courses right now.

My calculus course is using the textbook Calculus 8th edition by Larson, Hostetler, Edwards. For anyone wanting to supplement their current calculus course I strongly recommend purchasing the lecture DVDs. Dana Mosley gives an excellent lecture on EVERY section covered in this book. The ISBN for the DVDs can be found on this web page.
http://college.hmco.com/CollegeCatalog/CollegeStoreController?cmd=MainProdPage&subcmd=Main&ProdId=11085"

Here's an example at this site of what the lectures on the DVDs are like...
http://www.chalkdust.com/calone.html"

I've found some online calculus lectures from this university. There are lectures for Calc I and Calc II. Nice but not as thorough as the DVDs...
http://math.sfsu.edu/goetz/Teaching/"

If anyone has any other links please contribute...
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Add your sfsu link to this blog entry
https://www.physicsforums.com/blog/2005/07/09/physics-videos/
(Math videos are at the bottom.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing the list. I added a comment on the blog
that contains the link to sfsu.edu.

Where can I download these Videos?
Because I'm not in America , it's seem that i cann't get the DVD!

They aren't available for download :( The DVDs don't ship internationally?

opticaltempest said:

no,it only been sold in America.

opticaltempest said:

no,it only been sold in America:mad: :mad:

Those DVD lectures for the Larson book are GREAT! I bought them a while back and have learned a great deal from them. I sure do wish that they had these lectures for the rest of the book. I wonder why they don't.

The DVDs I purchased are for the entire book. They begin to skip some sections once you get to the end of chapter 7. Maybe in the next version of the textbook they will cover all the sections in the DVD.

The sections that are covered are:
P.1-P.4
1.1-1.5
2.1-2.6
3.1-3.9
4.1-4.6
5.1-5.8
6.1-6.4
7.1-7.4

Since my original post, I found other DVD's from Houghton Mifflin by the same guy, Professor Dana Mosley. They are titled

"Trigonometry" 6th Edition - Instructional DVDs - ISBN: 0-618-31805-4
"Algebra and Trigonometry" 6th Edition - Instructional DVDs - ISBN: 0-618-31791-0

I purchased both of these, again they are both great for a quick review on topics!

Last edited:
Mosley ROCKS!

His videos have saved my Calculus hide.

Related to Calculus tutorial DVDs and video links

What is calculus?

Calculus is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of change and rates of change. It involves the analysis of functions, derivatives, integrals, and limits.

Why do I need a calculus tutorial DVD or video link?

Calculus can be a challenging subject to learn, and having a visual aid such as a tutorial DVD or video link can greatly enhance understanding and help with problem-solving.

What topics are typically covered in a calculus tutorial DVD or video link?

A calculus tutorial DVD or video link will typically cover topics such as limits, derivatives, integrals, applications of derivatives and integrals, and basic concepts of differential and integral calculus.

Can I use a calculus tutorial DVD or video link as a substitute for a textbook?

No, a calculus tutorial DVD or video link should be used as a supplement to a textbook. It can help clarify concepts and provide additional practice problems, but it should not be used as the sole source of information for learning calculus.

Are there any free options for calculus tutorial DVDs or video links?

Yes, there are many free resources available online for calculus tutorials, including YouTube channels, Khan Academy, and OpenCourseWare from universities. However, the quality and coverage may vary, so it is important to do research and find a reputable source.