Calculation of heat loss by Degree C/minute.

In summary, the conversation revolved around the calculation of temperature lost by Degree Celsius per minute using various variables such as surface area of the object, initial temperature, air flow rate, and coefficient of heat loss. The person was curious about the mathematical formula and asked for someone to provide it. They also questioned whether solid matter loses heat at a constant rate regardless of temperature and shared a link on convective heat transfer.
aiop
Hi i was thinking about how to calculate the temperature lost by Degree Celsius per minute and was wondering if you had the surface area of the object, its initial temperature, a constant flow rate of air around the object and probably also need some coefficient of heat loss based on the material.

With all of these variables could i then do the calculation? and what is the math that i would half to use? could some one link formulas please would be awesome of you nameless person in the future...

I ask this not for school but my own curiosity, i like thinking about how to calculate things but don't know much math in physics.

Also does sold matter lose heat at a constant rate no matter the temperature? ( I ask because there only so much air that can surround an object at a given time).

Science news on Phys.org

Related to Calculation of heat loss by Degree C/minute.

1. How is heat loss calculated by Degree C/minute?

Heat loss by Degree C/minute is calculated using the formula Q = mcΔT, where Q is the heat loss in joules, m is the mass of the object in kilograms, c is the specific heat capacity of the material in joules per kilogram per degree Celsius, and ΔT is the change in temperature in degrees Celsius per minute.

2. What factors affect the rate of heat loss by Degree C/minute?

The rate of heat loss by Degree C/minute is affected by various factors such as the material of the object, its surface area, the temperature difference between the object and its surroundings, and the presence of insulation or other barriers to heat transfer.

3. How does the rate of heat loss by Degree C/minute impact the temperature change of an object?

The rate of heat loss by Degree C/minute is directly proportional to the temperature change of an object. This means that the higher the rate of heat loss, the faster the object's temperature will decrease, and vice versa.

4. Can the rate of heat loss by Degree C/minute be controlled?

Yes, the rate of heat loss by Degree C/minute can be controlled through various means such as using insulation, adjusting the surface area of the object, and regulating the temperature difference between the object and its surroundings.

5. How is the calculation of heat loss by Degree C/minute useful in scientific research?

The calculation of heat loss by Degree C/minute is useful in various scientific research fields, such as thermodynamics, material science, and environmental science. It can help in understanding the behavior of different materials and their response to temperature changes, as well as in designing and optimizing insulation and temperature control systems.