Calculating Time to Consume Energy from Running Up Stairs

In summary, a 200 g bag of potato chips contains 4.8 MJ of energy. To consume this energy, a person working at their maximum power would need to exert 4.8 MJ of work. This can be calculated by dividing the energy by the average time taken to run the stairs, which can be found using the distance and height of the stairs. The answer should be given in an appropriate unit of time, such as seconds or minutes.
NeomiXD
A 200 g bag of potato chips contains 4.8 MJ of energy. A person was running up a flight of stairs. How long would it take for the person working at their maximum power to consume this energy? Give your answer in an appropriate unit and be sure to show your work.

I've found Ek, Eg, P, v, average time taken to run flight of stairs and W from answering previous questions for. The distance and the height of the stairs was already given. I'm confused about which given I'm suppose to use. So, I want to know which of the information I found should be used to solving this question (the simplest way possible).

Physics news on Phys.org
The energy you need to burn off is 4.8MJ. If you know the work (J/s) exerted from a person running up stairs then how long would it take to exert 4.8MJ of energy.

Related to Calculating Time to Consume Energy from Running Up Stairs

1. What is body power?

Body power is a measure of the amount of work that can be done by the human body in a certain period of time. It takes into account factors such as strength, speed, and endurance.

2. How is body power determined?

Body power can be determined through various methods, such as strength tests, speed tests, and endurance tests. These tests involve performing specific exercises or activities and measuring the results to calculate an individual's body power.

3. What factors affect body power?

Body power can be affected by several factors, including genetics, training, nutrition, and overall health. Factors such as age, gender, and body composition can also play a role in determining an individual's body power.

4. Why is it important to determine body power?

Determining body power can help individuals understand their physical abilities and limitations. It can also be used by coaches and trainers to design personalized training programs and track progress over time.

5. Can body power be improved?

Yes, body power can be improved through consistent training and proper nutrition. By focusing on specific areas such as strength, speed, and endurance, individuals can increase their overall body power and achieve their fitness goals.