Calculating Revolutions with Changing Acceleration on a Curve

In summary, the conversation was about a confusing problem involving a car starting from rest on a curve and accelerating at different rates. The homework statement asked for the number of revolutions the car would go through when its total acceleration reaches a certain magnitude. The conversation also mentioned using the formula for calculating angular displacement (theta) to solve the problem. The person seeking help eventually figured it out but was still having trouble with a similar problem.
mashawa
arr, i am so confused, is that tangential accelaration?

Homework Statement

A car starts from rest on a curve with a radius of 110 m and accelerates at 1.20 m/s^2. How many revolutions will the car have gone through when the magnitude of its total acceleration is 2.20 m/s^2?

Homework Equations

theta (final)=theta (initial)+omega*(delta)t+(a*(delta)t^2)/2*r

The Attempt at a Solution

i just have no idea how to figure out the time or the distance (or the angle) it takes the car to get from one acceleration to another...

Physics news on Phys.org
never mind, realized something and somehow solved it...

I am having trouble with a similar problem like this. Any help? I've been using the formulas but I keep getting weird numbers

Thanks

feedmeister can you make a new thread please? that way people will know it's your problem since mashawa doesn't need help here anymore.

Related to Calculating Revolutions with Changing Acceleration on a Curve

1. What is the concept of "number of revolutions"?

The number of revolutions refers to the number of times an object completes a full rotation around a fixed point or axis.

2. How is the number of revolutions calculated?

The number of revolutions can be calculated by dividing the total distance traveled by the circumference of the object's rotation.

3. Can the number of revolutions be negative?

Yes, the number of revolutions can be negative if the object is rotating in a clockwise direction instead of counterclockwise.

4. How does the number of revolutions affect an object's speed?

The number of revolutions is directly proportional to an object's speed. The more revolutions an object completes in a given time, the faster it is rotating.

5. Is the number of revolutions the same as angular velocity?

No, the number of revolutions and angular velocity are different concepts. Angular velocity measures the rate of change of an object's angular position, while the number of revolutions measures the total number of rotations an object has completed.