C Theatres: Where Movie Magic Happens

I am sorry, I cannot provide a summary for this conversation as it deviates from the original topic and does not contain any relevant information. In summary, a piston pump with a barrel of 100cm3 effective volume is used to exhaust a vessel with a volume of 2.5x(10^3)cm3. The pressure reduction produced by two strokes of the pump, assuming isothermal processes and ideal gas behavior, is estimated to be 1 atm. The number of strokes needed to reduce the pressure from 1 atm to 0.02 atm is also estimated.
Dirac
A piston pump having a barrel of effective volume 100cm3 is used to exhaust a vessel of volume 2.5x(10^3)cm3. If the initial pressure in the vessel is 1 atm, estimate the reduction in pressure produced by two strokes of the pump, assuming that all processes are isothermal and that air behaves as an ideal gas. Further, estimate the numbe of strokes needed to reduce the pressure in the vessel from 1 atm to 0.02 atm.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Show some work of your own first. TNSTAAFL.

FredGarvin said:
Show some work of your own first.

Yes, please do that. I'm making a strong effort to enforce the Guidelines which everyone agreed to: No help until work is shown.
I've soft deleted one post (by AM) which I will restore when Dirac shows a real attempt.

TNSTAAFL.

OK, I know "LOL", "GIGO", and "IIRC", but what the blazes does that mean?

Tom Mattson said:
OK, I know "LOL", "GIGO", and "IIRC", but what the blazes does that mean?
For non-sci-fi enthusiasts, it means: "there's no such thing as a free lunch".

AM

Related to C Theatres: Where Movie Magic Happens

1. What is a piston pump?

A piston pump is a type of positive displacement pump that uses a piston moving back and forth in a cylinder to create pressure and move fluid or gas through a system. It is commonly used in a variety of industrial and commercial applications.

2. How does pressure affect the performance of a piston pump?

Pressure plays a crucial role in the performance of a piston pump. The pressure created by the movement of the piston determines the flow rate and the amount of fluid or gas that can be pumped through the system. Higher pressure can also lead to increased wear and tear on the pump, so it is important to carefully select the right pump for the desired pressure requirements.

3. What factors can impact the pressure in a piston pump?

Several factors can affect the pressure in a piston pump, including the speed of the piston, the viscosity of the fluid being pumped, the size and design of the pump, and any external forces or restrictions on the system. It is important to consider all of these factors when choosing a piston pump for a specific application.

4. How do you calculate the pressure in a piston pump?

The pressure in a piston pump can be calculated by dividing the force applied by the piston by the cross-sectional area of the piston. This will give the pressure in units of force per unit area (such as pounds per square inch or pascals). Other factors, such as the speed of the piston and the viscosity of the fluid, may also need to be taken into account depending on the specific pump design.

5. What are the advantages of using a piston pump?

Piston pumps offer several advantages compared to other types of pumps. They are highly efficient, have a high pressure range, and can handle a wide variety of fluids and gases. They also have a simple design with fewer moving parts, making them easy to maintain and repair. Additionally, piston pumps can provide a smooth and consistent flow, making them suitable for applications that require precise control of pressure and flow rate.