Buy Relays at Cheap Prices | 8 & 11-Pin Contact Relays

• Thread starter sangara
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is an electrician who is interested in motor controls and is looking for a place to buy 8 or 11-pin contact relays at a cheap price for their hobby. They mention being able to get other materials from job sites and ask for suggestions. Another person suggests trying eBay.
sangara
Hey guys, first I'd like to apologize if this is the wrong section, or even the wrong forum entirely for a question like this but I feel like someone here might have knowledge of this. I guess I should introduce that I'm an electrician by trade, but while in school I took very kindly to motor controls and after having to do some relay work in the field it has sparked my interest again.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a place that I could buy some 8 or 11-pin contact relays at a cheap price? I've found a few sites, but keeping this as a hobby I'd like to spend less than $30 per relay as I enjoy building multiple and complex circuits. I can get pretty much all the material I need from jobsite scrap so the only thing I'm really searching for are these relays.

Thanks if you can help, if not I continue my quest.

-sangara

Engineering news on Phys.org
Try ebay. I buy a lot of components on ebay.

Related to Buy Relays at Cheap Prices | 8 & 11-Pin Contact Relays

1. What are relays?

Relays are electrical switches that use an electromagnet to control the flow of electricity. They are commonly used in electronic circuits to turn high voltage or high current circuits on and off.

2. What is the difference between 8 and 11-pin contact relays?

The main difference between 8 and 11-pin contact relays is the number of pins used to connect the relay to a circuit. 8-pin relays have 8 pins, while 11-pin relays have 11 pins. The extra pins on an 11-pin relay allow for more complex control and monitoring of the circuit.

3. How do I choose the right relay for my needs?

When choosing a relay, it is important to consider the voltage and current requirements of your circuit, as well as the type of load (AC or DC) and the switching frequency. You should also consider the type of contacts (normally open or normally closed) and the coil voltage and resistance.

4. Why are relays important in electronic circuits?

Relays are important in electronic circuits because they allow for the control of high voltage and high current circuits using a low voltage and low current signal. They also provide isolation between the control circuit and the high power circuit, protecting sensitive components from damage.

5. Can I purchase relays at a cheaper price without compromising quality?

Yes, you can purchase relays at cheaper prices without compromising quality. However, it is important to ensure that the relays meet the necessary specifications for your circuit and are from a reputable supplier. It is also recommended to test the relays before use to ensure they are functioning properly.