Building a strong prep for late highschool early college.

In summary, the conversation is discussing the best classes to take in high school to prepare for a future in physics and college. It is recommended to take rigorous versions of math and science, such as calculus, and to do well in English classes for strong communication skills. It is also mentioned that taking math classes at a community or local college could be beneficial.
Atom1
Howdy guys. I just got done my freshman year in high school with a 3.85 gpa, I am wondering what would be a good "set" of classes to take as I progress in high school to build a backround in physics, and as a small prep for college. I have been told by others that it is good to get as high as you can in both math and science. As a freshman I took geometry and trig as far as math goes, and in science I took chemistry and a very easy version on physics.

Physics news on Phys.org
You're doing well. Aim for taking a semester of calculus. At the rate you are doing, you can take another semester or two if you'd like. Whether you want to depends if you'd like to take rigorous versions in college (such as an honour's class). Make sure to do well in your English classes as well. Being able to communicate well becomes very useful later.

If you've already taken geometry and trig, you're off to a good start. Precalculus and calculus would be good, as Mmm_Pasta said. You might even be able to take some math classes at a community or local college if you get through all your high school math classes. I had a math major friend who'd gotten through linear algebra before she started college.

Related to Building a strong prep for late highschool early college.

1. How can I improve my study skills for late high school and early college?

Building a strong prep for late high school and early college requires good study skills. Some ways to improve your study skills include creating a study schedule, staying organized, taking thorough notes, and actively participating in class. It is also important to prioritize your time and take breaks when needed.

2. What resources are available to help me prepare for late high school and early college?

There are many resources available to help you prepare for late high school and early college, such as study guides, practice exams, tutoring services, and educational websites. Your school or college may also offer workshops or study groups to support your preparation.

3. How can I balance my academic and personal commitments during late high school and early college?

Balancing academic and personal commitments is crucial during late high school and early college. To achieve this, it is important to prioritize your responsibilities, plan ahead, and communicate with those around you. It is also important to make time for self-care and relaxation to avoid burnout.

4. What skills should I focus on developing for success in late high school and early college?

To succeed in late high school and early college, it is important to develop strong time management, critical thinking, and communication skills. You should also work on improving your note-taking, research, and problem-solving abilities. Additionally, developing a growth mindset and resilience can help you overcome challenges and achieve your goals.

5. How can I stay motivated and focused during late high school and early college?

Staying motivated and focused during late high school and early college can be challenging, but there are several strategies you can use. These include setting achievable goals, rewarding yourself for accomplishments, breaking tasks into smaller, manageable chunks, and finding an accountability partner or study group. It is also important to take care of your physical and mental well-being to maintain motivation and focus.