Building a Rocketship & Lunar Adventures

In summary: I think. In summary, the author is suggesting that if he built a rocketship, people would help him, and if he made a wormhole connecting Holland, Colorado, London, and Guam, people would help him. He also suggests that he would name a crater after himself and chuck all the crackpots off. He also suggests that if they actually did this, they would look as dumb as those who have been working on the Artemis Project for over a decade.

Would you help me build a rocketship and come to the moon with me?

• Yes

Votes: 18 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
Mk
If I decided to build a rocketship would you guys help me? How about if I made a totally safe wormhole connecting Holland, Colorado, London, and Guam? We could build it in my backyard. Sh*t we could go to the moon, and do the moonwalk, in a moonwalk, on the moon. We'd have to play football with a 400 yard field, since, 50 yards would be like ice cream that's been sitting in an observatory for 3 and a half years . I bet I'd be able to do the sickest dunks ever on the moon. 1080 no-handed triple windwill backflip tomahawk over Indy from halfcourt on Shaq and Yao.

While we're there, we'd name a crater after Moonbear and chuck all the crackpots off. But then everyone would get addicted to space-opium...

Hows about it?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm still trying to figure out if you're just playing here or if you've flipped your wig and are serious. :biggrin:

This thread is so dumb. Shaq would fly up 400 feet into the air and eat you

Moonbear said:
I'm still trying to figure out if you're just playing here or if you've flipped your wig and are serious. :biggrin:

I'm serious, you deserve a crater named after you!

Pengwuino said:
This thread is so dumb. Shaq would fly up 400 feet into the air and eat you
You're so dumb. There's no air on the moon.

Mk said:
If I decided to build a rocketship would you guys help me?
You're a bit late with this idea. There is already a group trying to do this, they call themselves the Artemis Project and they've been at it for over a decade.

http://www.asi.org/

But they didn't think of the ice cream and basketball...

Mk said:
I'm serious, you deserve a crater named after you!

Wow! You sure know how to flatter the ladies. :rolleyes:

Mk said:
If I decided to build a rocketship would you guys help me? How about if I made a totally safe wormhole connecting Holland, Colorado, London, and Guam? We could build it in my backyard. Sh*t we could go to the moon, and do the moonwalk, in a moonwalk, on the moon. We'd have to play football with a 400 yard field, since, 50 yards would be like ice cream that's been sitting in an observatory for 3 and a half years . I bet I'd be able to do the sickest dunks ever on the moon. 1080 no-handed triple windwill backflip tomahawk over Indy from halfcourt on Shaq and Yao.

While we're there, we'd name a crater after Moonbear and chuck all the crackpots off. But then everyone would get addicted to space-opium...

Hows about it?
We could look for Alan Shepard's golf ball! :bugeye:

Mk said:
We'd have to play football with a 400 yard field, since, 50 yards would be like ice cream that's been sitting in an observatory for 3 and a half years . I bet I'd be able to do the sickest dunks ever on the moon. 1080 no-handed triple windwill backflip tomahawk over Indy from halfcourt on Shaq and Yao.

Hows about it?
I seriously suspect that you're accessing the Net from an institution of some sort. (That's why I voted 'yes'. :biggrin: )
That entire above quote makes absolutely no sense to me. What has 3 1/2 year old ice cream got to do with 50 yards? And since when does Shaq slam-dunk footballs?
I'll come along on 2 conditions.
1) No stresses over 2g; my health isn't very good right now.
2) No basketball. That has got to be the most useless endeavor ever undertaken by anyone. No fun to do, and even less to watch. (Even though it was a friend of my dad's who invented it—in Almont Ontario where he grew up, using a soccer ball and a peach basket with the bottom cut out.)

jma2001 said:
You're a bit late with this idea. There is already a group trying to do this, they call themselves the Artemis Project and they've been at it for over a decade.

http://www.asi.org/
So if we actually did this, we'd look as dumb as them...hmm..shame, moon, shame, moon. Hard decision :-p

Danger said:
That entire above quote makes absolutely no sense to me. What has 3 1/2 year old ice cream got to do with 50 yards? And since when does Shaq slam-dunk footballs?
Well, I was going to put something anthropomorphic there, but I couldn't think of one. That similie doesn't make since.

Danger said:
it was a friend of my dad's who invented it—in Almont Ontario where he grew up, using a soccer ball and a peach basket with the bottom cut out.
Oh, I thought that was Al Gore...

hey ! I'm with you, let's fly to that huge diamond star and cut off little bit and sell it here on earth.

*randomly points at Moon and names a crator a Moonhole*

WOOO

cronxeh said:
*randomly points at Moon and names a crator a Moonhole*
About half a dozen apt responses come to mind, but they'd all get me slapped.

There now, my Canadian friend, its only a Moonhole-Bear junction sprocket with cam shaft realignment that will get you in trouble.. "think geek" and do it fast.

cronxeh said:
There now, my Canadian friend, its only a Moonhole-Bear junction sprocket with cam shaft realignment that will get you in trouble.. "think geek" and do it fast.
Oh great... now I have to replan my entire week.

Danger said:
About half a dozen apt responses come to mind, but they'd all get me slapped.

cronxeh said:

Danger said:
Oh great... now I have to replan my entire week.

Y'know, I might just slap you anyway, but I'm afraid you might like it too much.

Moonbear said:
Y'know, I might just slap you anyway, but I'm afraid you might like it too much.
Please... :shy:

Danger said:
Please... :shy:

Yep, just as I suspected. :smile:

lmao @ mk

I didn't think you knew who yao ming is.

by the powers of necromancy..

i resurrect thy thread!

There sure is nothing to say... Too bad I didn't win an award.

I've been eating quite a lot of watermelon seeds since a few days ago by the way.

by themselves?

No, I wolfed down the flesh, seeds and all.

do the seeds get digested or do they pass through intact?

I haven't checked my poo very closely enough recently to see. Corn passes right through intact. But the inside is digested and absorbed out.

Related to Building a Rocketship & Lunar Adventures

1. How do you build a rocketship?

Building a rocketship requires a team of engineers, designers, and experts in various fields of science and technology. The process involves designing and testing various components such as the rocket engine, fuel tanks, and navigation systems. The materials used must also be carefully chosen and tested for durability and safety. Every aspect of the rocketship must be meticulously planned and constructed to ensure a successful launch and safe journey.

2. What fuels are used to power a rocketship?

The most commonly used fuel for rocketships is liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen, which is mixed together in the rocket engine and ignited to create thrust. Other types of fuels, such as solid propellants, are also used in certain types of rockets. The choice of fuel depends on the specific design and purpose of the rocketship.

3. How long does it take to build a rocketship?

The time it takes to build a rocketship varies depending on the complexity of the design and the resources available. On average, it can take anywhere from 2 to 7 years to build a rocketship. This includes the design, construction, and testing phases. However, some projects may take longer due to unforeseen challenges or delays.

4. How do you prepare for a lunar adventure?

A lunar adventure involves a lot of preparation and planning. This includes training for the physical and psychological challenges of space travel, as well as learning how to operate the equipment and technology on the lunar surface. Astronauts also undergo rigorous simulations and tests to prepare for any potential emergencies. Additionally, all necessary supplies, equipment, and scientific instruments must be carefully selected and packed for the journey.

5. What are the biggest challenges of a lunar adventure?

One of the biggest challenges of a lunar adventure is the harsh and unforgiving environment of space. Astronauts must be prepared to face extreme temperatures, radiation, and the lack of gravity. The journey also requires precise navigation and communication with ground control. Additionally, the limited resources and space on the lunar module can pose challenges for the crew. However, with proper training and preparation, these challenges can be overcome to achieve a successful lunar adventure.

Back