Breaking through Kain, the legacy of Kain vampire

• Thread starter Physics quest
  • Start date
In summary, Staff Mentor Evo said that it was ok if I asked this question here. They had a discussion via inbox which was the following; Raziel (blue guy) strikes at Kain (the other vampiric fellow with long white hair) with great force, but even this great number cannot seem to make Kain bleed. However, Staff Mentor Evo believes that 11.7 Terapascals or so of pressure is enough to at least scratch Kain's skin. From this, it is hypothesized that breaking through Kain's skin and all that entails, through his muscle, sinew, bone etc, break his spine and get out the other side.
Physics quest
Hello everyone, Staff Mentor Evo said it was ok if I ask this question here. We had a discussion via inbox which was the following;

Physics quest said:
Well my goal is just to understand the mechanics behind what force is required to pierce through all those sections of a body.

based on a previous post of mine which included a fictional character but received no comment made me think that perhaps your posters only want to discuss physical science and the very idea of a fictional character being involved may put them off applying their knowledge to what is really a scientific question that I am personally trying to apply to a fictional unvierse.

For example this character based on previous discussions I have had on other forums and sites has estimated "pressure" resistance on his skin equel to 11.6 terapascals based on the fact the force delivered by the blue guy is vast and the pressure is high due to it being exerted on the tips of claws.

So my goal, is to find out how much force/pressure is required to not only break the skin completely and all that entails but also get through the body, bone, muscle etc all the way through.

I assume you were worried i was thinking about harming real people? :wink: this is not the case sir.
The Question is how much force/pressure would be required to break through this character (kain);

As you see in this video, 2 minutes and 13 seconds in Raziel (blue guy) strikes at Kain (the other vampiric fellow with long white hair).

Previous estimates that I have come to use based on discussions with other people outside of this forum tell us that Raziel exerts 11.6 Terapascals of pressure on Kain, due to him having great force combined with claws with a small surface area, yet even this great number cannot seem to make Kain bleed.But I want to know how much force may be required to make him bleed, and am willing to assume 11.7 Terapascals or so is enough to at least scratch his skin like a kitten may scratch. From this, how much force/pressure is required to break through kains skin and all that entails, through his muscle, sinew, bone etc, break his spine and get out the other side? My end goal is to know how much pressureforce is required to get through kains entire body, bones and what not.

Thank you for your time! :kiss:

Physics news on Phys.org
It seems no one has responded to your question so I guess I'll give it a shot:

There was a TV series called Fight Science that analyzed various martial arts techniques to see how valid they were using a variety of scientific equipment. You might be able to view these shows on YouTube and from them gain some understanding for your problem.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_Science

I know in the shows I've seen they typically setup and conduct an experiment and draw conclusions from it as opposed to using Newtons laws to derive the answer from scratch. The body is very resilient to blows which make it difficult to determine what you want to know from theory alone.

Likes AlephNumbers
Thanks Jedi. Are you knowledgeable about the show? on first typing it into youtube it seems like there are a lot of episodes, I am not sure where to begin. I found these;

But their more about force in a punch which of course do not always break skin let alone go through a human being.

No I am not completely familiar with it. I've seen a few episodes and recalled some of the experiments they did.

Another show to checkout is the deadliest warrior. They would pit two historical warriors against one another by evaluating their weapons, armor and techniques. They would then run a thousand battle simulations and use statistics to declare the winner which ifelt was somehow poorly done as i was never able to see the real program used and how it worked. Its entertainment after all with a thin layer of science.

During the evaluation, they use pigs carcass as a target and strike it with a weapon to see the effect and a doctor would evaluate the trauma inflicted. Sometimes they would describe the forces needed to wield the weapon.

Thanks. So far I have tried calculating various things in the game to determine his skins durability further and its gone from 11.6 terapascals to 1.77 petapascals.

Bone also has a good few thousands times the pressure resistance as skin on a human being, so calcluating from there I can tell how much more pressure/force you may need to break one of kains bones. Problem is each thing i calculate is seperate, e.g. skin, bone etc, when the body is a complete system that is connected to all the vital parts and the skin, muslce and bone is likely to work as one to stop intrusive action to the body. ill check out some deadliest warrior, may help and maybe I can scale from there.

Related to Breaking through Kain, the legacy of Kain vampire

1. What is "Breaking through Kain, the legacy of Kain vampire" about?

"Breaking through Kain, the legacy of Kain vampire" is a video game series that follows the story of the vampire Kain and his quest for power and redemption in a dark and gothic world.

2. Who is Kain and what are his powers?

Kain is the main protagonist of the series and is a powerful vampire with enhanced strength, speed, and regenerative abilities. He also has the ability to shape-shift, control the minds of others, and manipulate the elements.

3. How does the legacy of Kain vampire fit into the overall story?

The legacy of Kain vampire is a crucial part of the series as it explores the complex relationships between Kain and his enemies, allies, and descendants. It also delves into the themes of fate, free will, and the consequences of one's actions.

4. Are there any other important characters in the series?

Yes, there are several other important characters in the series such as the vampire Raziel who serves as Kain's lieutenant, the ancient being known as the Elder God, and the human sorceress Moebius. Each character plays a significant role in the story and adds depth to the overall narrative.

5. Is "Breaking through Kain, the legacy of Kain vampire" suitable for all ages?

No, the series contains mature themes and graphic violence, making it more suitable for mature audiences. It also explores dark and complex themes that may not be appropriate for younger audiences.