Brain 'Highs' - Anyone Else Experience This?

In summary, the person is posting in a forum section that is not specifically about psychology, but they are wondering if anyone else has experienced a "high" after exercising their brain for a prolonged amount of time. They also mention that this topic may be more appropriate for a different forum section.
T@P
first time posting here in this section, cause see i was looking for a pschology section and this about as close as i could get. if this is off topice feel free to delete.

anyway, so i have this funny thing that happens once in a while: if i spend like 1.5 hrs doing something that excercies my brain, like solving some problems or something (not mindless hw), then i get this like 'high' that lasts about 1 hour after. its like your brain feel all clear etc.

just wondering if anyone else has this feeling...?

or am i clinically insane? :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
moved from Metaphysics & Epistemology.

edit: for future reference, you can post psychology topics in the Social Sciences forum. However, this topic seems more about sharing personal anecdotes than about psychology as a science, so it's more appropriate for General Discussion.

Last edited:

Thank you for sharing your experience! It sounds like you have discovered a great way to stimulate your brain and feel a sense of accomplishment. It's not uncommon for people to experience a sense of euphoria or "high" after completing a challenging task or activity. This could be due to the release of dopamine and other neurotransmitters in the brain that are associated with reward and pleasure. As long as this feeling is not interfering with your daily life and responsibilities, there is nothing to worry about. It's always a good idea to engage in activities that challenge and stimulate your brain, as it can have long-term benefits for cognitive function and overall well-being. So, keep up the good work and enjoy your brain "highs"!

Related to Brain 'Highs' - Anyone Else Experience This?

1. What are brain 'highs'?

Brain 'highs' refer to the experience of feeling a heightened state of mental clarity, focus, and energy. This can be achieved through various methods such as exercise, meditation, and certain supplements.

2. How do brain 'highs' affect the brain?

Brain 'highs' can affect the brain in a variety of ways, including increasing neurotransmitter activity, promoting neuroplasticity, and enhancing cognitive function. These effects can lead to improved memory, concentration, and overall brain performance.

3. Are brain 'highs' safe?

In most cases, brain 'highs' are safe and can even have long-term benefits for brain health. However, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before trying any new methods or supplements to achieve a brain 'high'.

4. Can anyone experience brain 'highs'?

Yes, anyone can experience brain 'highs' through various methods. However, the intensity and duration of the experience may vary from person to person. It is also important to note that some individuals may be more sensitive or have a higher risk of side effects from certain methods or supplements.

5. How long do brain 'highs' last?

The duration of brain 'highs' can vary depending on the method used and the individual's response. For example, a brain 'high' achieved through exercise may last for a few hours, while one achieved through meditation may last for a shorter period. It is also common for individuals to experience a 'crash' or return to their baseline state after the brain 'high' wears off.