Boom Boom Pow - A New Hit Song Everyone Loves!

• Music
  • Thread starter mcknia07
  • Start date
In summary: DJing requires having a flow from one song to the next for continuity. When some bozo asks you to play some song next it sounds horrible because all of a sudden the beat changes drastically from one song to the next.
mcknia07
So, there is this new song out called Boom Boom Pow...Absolutely love it! My friends and I are completely addicted to it. Is anyone else a fan of that song??

Science news on Phys.org
mcknia07 said:
So, there is this new song out called Boom Boom Pow...Absolutely love it! My friends and I are completely addicted to it. Is anyone else a fan of that song??

It's not new. I think I have heard that song like a month ago.

(At the moment, I am addicted to one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5VvvVxuKko&feature=channel_page" (particularly her voice). She sounds like a 4 yrs old girl.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the song is not like brand new, but it's newer.

She does have a good voice. I bet you have a crush on her too!

Not my style really.
I don't listen to new music much any more.

If you mean this song:

CBIS7Eco1IA[/youtube] We can no longer be friends.

:rolleyes: :cry:

Oh no...

It's very addicting though... That version you have there, is kinda like really fast, but I so love the song. It was played at a wedding reception the other day, by request from my friends and I :biggrin:

Uhh, it's not the worst song out there, but after hearing it 6 times or so, it got a little old.

I think the singer is pretty ugly (compared to what a lot of people say about her).

Cyrus said:
Might I suggest you try the house special (Pun intended!)

DJ FlyBoy is on the loose!

Maybe some Mr BT (feat. M. Doughty)...

TheStatutoryApe said:
DJ FlyBoy is on the loose!

Maybe some Mr BT (feat. M. Doughty)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tGc...127638[/ATTACH] [url]QV8eiSA4vqc[/youtube]

Attachments

• RRCDJDNS10W_L.jpg
    RRCDJDNS10W_L.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 180
Most new music is horrible (actually all of it is) trust me I know music. If you want to try some good music look at rolling stones list of greatest songs and artists, that’s a fairly accurate list (it doesn't take classical into account because classical is too different).

Meh this song sounds good if you play it on a decent sound system. Its overplayed though.
Cyrus that first song you posted.. man I hate songs like that. just annoy me.

the second song was good though.

You listen to Cosmic Gate... right now I love the Exploration of Space song.
Daft Punk is good...
An old song that i still love is Some More by Keith Sweat... I can't find it on youtube though hmph.

Cyrus said:
I finally took the leap and bought two Pioneer CDJS and a Nuo 2.0 mixer. It comes in on thursday. Then fun fun fun all summer!

RRCDJDNS10W_L.jpg

QV8eiSA4vqc[/youtube][/QUOTE] Miley [i]Cyrus[/i]...

Cyrus said:
I finally took the leap and bought two Pioneer CDJS and a Nuo 2.0 mixer. It comes in on thursday. Then fun fun fun all summer!
Wow... Do you actually DJ or want to? I can't imagine buying something like that just for summer fun.

Sorry! said:
Agreed. I don't like a whole lot of electronic music. The edgier subgenres of Industrial are probably my favourite though I don't really know the scene.

Sorry! said:
Meh this song sounds good if you play it on a decent sound system. Its overplayed though.
Cyrus that first song you posted.. man I hate songs like that. just annoy me.

You listen to Cosmic Gate... right now I love the Exploration of Space song.
Daft Punk is good...
An old song that i still love is Some More by Keith Sweat... I can't find it on youtube though hmph.

God, that's probably the most cliche, over played song. Daft Punk is all-right. But there's better stuff.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Wow... Do you actually DJ or want to? I can't imagine buying something like that just for summer fun.

Agreed. I don't like a whole lot of electronic music. The edgier subgenres of Industrial are probably my favourite though I don't really know the scene.

I just DJ at friends parties for the fun of it. Maybe I'll DJ at an actual club sometime. I don't know. I don't like DJing at my friends parties sometimes because people request songs (I'd never take a request at an actual club, and its a faux paw to do that). I want to play what I want to play and if you don't like it screw you. DJing requires having a flow from one song to the next for continuity. When some bozo asks you to play some song next it sounds horrible because all of a sudden the beat changes drastically from one song to the next.

So, if anyone reading this ever goes to a club or bar. Please do not hassle the DJ to play your favorite song. Go listen to it in your car on the way home. The DJ isn't there to take your request like its hot 99.5 radio.

Yeah whenever I go to a club it sounds to me as if it's all pre-thought out. All the songs are supposed to go into a certain sequence.

And I had never heard Cosmic Gate before until like last month. LOL :D

Related to Boom Boom Pow - A New Hit Song Everyone Loves!

1. What is "Boom Boom Pow - A New Hit Song Everyone Loves!" about?

"Boom Boom Pow" is a song by the Black Eyed Peas that was released in 2009. It is a futuristic hip hop and electronic dance music track that celebrates the group's success and unique style.

2. Who wrote and produced "Boom Boom Pow - A New Hit Song Everyone Loves!"?

The song was written by the members of the Black Eyed Peas, will.i.am, apl.de.ap, Taboo, and Fergie. It was produced by will.i.am and recorded under Interscope Records.

3. What inspired the creation of "Boom Boom Pow - A New Hit Song Everyone Loves!"?

The Black Eyed Peas were inspired by the music and culture of Japan and their love for futuristic sounds. They wanted to create a song that was different from anything they had done before and that would also resonate with their international audience.

4. How did "Boom Boom Pow - A New Hit Song Everyone Loves!" perform on the charts?

The song was a huge success, reaching number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and staying there for twelve consecutive weeks. It also topped charts in many other countries and became one of the best-selling singles of all time.

5. What impact did "Boom Boom Pow - A New Hit Song Everyone Loves!" have on the music industry?

"Boom Boom Pow" marked a shift in popular music, as it combined elements of hip hop, electronic, and dance music in a unique way. It also paved the way for other artists to experiment with different genres and sounds, making it a significant influence on the music industry at the time.