Bode & Nyquist diagrams from expirmental results

In summary, to draw a bode plot, use log-log paper and plot the data points with appropriate frequency and gain/phase shift markers. For the Nyquist plot, determine if there is feedback in the system and use the appropriate method described in the link provided. If there is no feedback, use the given transfer function to plot the Nyquist diagram.
gimini75
Hi

I have a task to draw a bode and nyquist diagrams from an expirmential results, I have the phase delay and the votage gain data, can you help me to darw bode and nyquist diagrams?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
gimini75 said:
Hi

I have a task to draw a bode and nyquist diagrams from an expirmential results, I have the phase delay and the votage gain data, can you help me to darw bode and nyquist diagrams?

Thanks

Just use matlab.

Thanks for your reply, but I want to draw it without using MATLAB.

gimini75 said:
Hi

Thanks

For the Bode plot, start with log-log paper, label the horizontal frequency axis with the appropriate frequency range, and label the vertical axis with both gain and phase shift markers. Theh just plot the data points that you have and connect the dots in a smooth fashion.

For the Nyquist plot, it's a little more involved -- does your system include feedback, or is it open-loop?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist_plot

Thanks for your reply, the system which I want to draw a Nyquist does not have a feedback.

Can you give us the transfer function?

Thanks for your reply, the transfer function is:
1 / (0.0022s + 1)

Related to Bode & Nyquist diagrams from expirmental results

What are Bode & Nyquist diagrams?

Bode & Nyquist diagrams are graphical representations of the frequency response of a system. They are used in control engineering to analyze the stability and performance of a system.

How are Bode & Nyquist diagrams obtained from experimental results?

Bode & Nyquist diagrams are obtained by measuring the input and output signals of a system and plotting their frequency responses on a logarithmic scale. The amplitude and phase data are then plotted on separate Bode diagrams, while the amplitude and phase data are combined on a Nyquist diagram.

What information can be obtained from Bode & Nyquist diagrams?

Bode & Nyquist diagrams provide information about the gain, phase, and stability of a system. They can also show the frequency at which a system's response begins to deviate from the desired response, known as the system's bandwidth.

What are the advantages of using Bode & Nyquist diagrams for analyzing systems?

Bode & Nyquist diagrams provide a visual representation of a system's frequency response, making it easier to identify potential issues such as instability or poor performance. They also allow for quick and easy comparison between different systems or different configurations of the same system.

Are there any limitations to using Bode & Nyquist diagrams?

Bode & Nyquist diagrams assume that the system being analyzed is linear and time-invariant. This means that the system's behavior does not change over time and is not affected by external factors. These assumptions may not hold in real-world systems, so the diagrams should be interpreted with caution.