Birmingham dead man claims to be a spirit

• Thread starter crystalbreeze32
  • Start date
In summary: I was in the shower and my ghostly cat came to visit me. The strangest part is that it happened when my cat was already dead.
crystalbreeze32
Birmingham dead man claims to be a spirit

------------------------------------------------------

This a strange one. A guy called Michael Pennington claims to be a spirit and having died in 1971 he is now involved in a global quest to unite all those in the spirit world. If that wasnt bad enought he involves alien spirits and all sorts of plots. This person touches on religion quite a lot and claims many Christians are narrow minded by accepting God but then blanking out all possibility of spirits and aliens. He points to actual things in the Bible that back up some of what he says.

Its actually well written and believable and it has quite a following. Page after page of writings and messages the longest forum thread I have ever seen for certain. This mans writings delve into every aspect of the supernatural, paranormal and religion and its happening live too.

Its at

http://www.birminghamuk.com/forum

Id love to know what other peoples thoughts are on ghosts and alien collaboration and other dimensions of spiritualism.

Physics news on Phys.org
personally, it hurts my mind to predict/assume anything beyond my physical existence.

i will get confused on what i really believe, and that is not healthy.

i would rather deal with what is important now, like paying rent on time, and having sex with some hotties...

its there to wonder, but i guess it really isn't for me... i will usually find a flaw in anything paranormal... hence the word, paranormal...

some of it just doesn't add up, and the theories that do add up do not agree with anything i believed formerly... causing a lot of confusion and detachment from life...

An honest opinion

Well at least that is a good honest opinion. I hope you get everything you wish for.

Originally posted by elibol
personally, it hurts my mind to predict/assume anything beyond my physical existence.i will usually find a flaw in anything paranormal... hence the word, paranormal...

Of course there are paranormal claims, and then there are flat out parawhacko claims. There is a difference.

In either case, paying the rent is good. :wink:

For a dead guy, he's not a bad writer. :wink:

Well, I don't buy it. I'm not just going to roll over and agree with this ghosts and spirits mumbo-jumbo after reading merely posts on a forum. But I was looking for flaws. Maybe it's only my misinterpretting of his explanations. In his first post he claims that two businessmen visited the building that he inhabits/inhabitted and he attempted to push one of them but to no avail. Yet in one of the prior paragraphs he states that he walked up a flight of stairs. He frequently stresses a "rubbery feeling" to everything he touches. Nevertheless, he was able to pivit and put his full weight on the stairs and therefore should be able to move or cause the movement of objects, inatimate or atimate. But maybe I didn't fully understand what he meant by "rubbery feeling" (but who could? you couldn't really believe that everything he...erm...touched, feels like a tire). Say it was more of a sponge-like feeling, and that the force of his shove was absorbed by...I don't know antimatter (don't ask me to explain this because I am just using it as an example and I am in no way suggesting that antimatter has anything to do with ghosts or the way that they navigate). Then my basis of argument is invalid. But what's this! I have something else? If he had to concentrate and focus so intently on his typing, why would there be any mistakes (and there are)? For example: If he had to concentrate on the letter 'T' and its appearing on the moniter then why would he have typed a 'D' where a 'D' ought not be? I think it's a fine piece of literature that would be better off published under 'fiction' than it is posted in a forum concerning Birmingham, Alabama. But everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I am certainly not one to say that I am correct.

hmm, i accually just read a little bit of it... yes it is written well.

it seems people in alabama are easily persuaded to believe in ghost stories, guess they see a lot of ghosts around there.

err...

Uhmmm...actually, it's Birmingham, UK, as in England...

my bad, the UK... ;D

i DID read it!

really... i did...

Originally posted by elibol
my bad, the UK... ;D

i DID read it!

really... i did...
Actually, it was MushinMunen that got it wrong first.

now your being silly!

My apologies. I had forgotten.

your behaviour is unacceptable. go sit in the corner. and put on this hat <(

The thing he said about people in Alabama wanting to believe in ghosts is true, though. I grew up there, and tales of the Haunted South were very popular. There are many stories related to Civil War battle sites.

But the only time I ever *might have actually met* a ghost it was in England. We went to a really old cemetary and this nun came up to us and she walked us through the graveyard and told us about each of the different graves and who was buried there. These were really old graves going back to the 1700's so it was a pretty fascinating place.
We stopped at one particular grave and I turned just for a second to say something to my friend, and when I turned back to the nun to ask her a question she had vanished. We were both completely astounded. This was a very large open place so we should have seen her walking away. Eventually we just decided we'd seen a ghost and that was that.

But maybe us Alabama folk just tend to believe in stuff like that. :)

Originally posted by Evo
Uhmmm...actually, it's Birmingham, UK, as in England...

Funny thing is, they were both huge steel producing towns at one point. In 1863, I think both cities led their respective countries in steel production. Totally irrelevant, I know, but what the heck.

Njorl

In 1863, I suppose Birmingham AL's country would be the CSA.

I think the Alabama city, which was built when some iron ore was discovered nearby, was hopefully named after the English one, which was already an industrial powerhouse.

It actually outproduced Pittsburgh. The Union steel mills were distributed across a swath from Lake Michigan up along the Erie canal towns and down into central PA. Almost all Confederate steel came from the Birmingham mills.

Njorl

I remember from my Alabama history class in high school : "Birmingham is the Pittsburgh of the South."
We were supposed to memorize that for some reason. That and the fact that the Boll Wevil Monument is Enterprise, Alabama.
I guess I did learn a few things in school.

Originally posted by Math Is Hard
We stopped at one particular grave and I turned just for a second to say something to my friend, and when I turned back to the nun to ask her a question she had vanished.
I went to Catholic school from the third to the eighth grade. All the nuns know this trick. The worst thing is when they appear out of nowhere when you're doing something you're not supposed to.

LOL! They must learn that in nun-school.
That fellow pretending to be the ghost writes a fabulous story though. Did you look at it? Very imaginative. I thought it might have been a Zooby-hoax it was so clever! :)

LOL! They must learn that in nun-school.
That fellow pretending to be the ghost writes a fabulous story though. Did you look at it? Very imaginative. I thought it might have been a Zooby-hoax it was so clever! :)
Actually, I didn't bother reading it. I've already read quite a few of those tales and they sometimes get tedious. I may check it out on your reccomendation. (Me, clever? Good thing my zoobonic facial hair hides the blushing.)

And if you don't have a ghost around to talk to you can always invent one:
http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa102201a.htm

boo!

Whoooaaah, Math, that link was fantastic! I had never heard about this experiment and the ones that followed.

It puts me squarely in mind of the phenomenon of the tibetan "thought form": an entity that is completely created from scratch by the imagination of advanced monks. The same sort of phenomenon, whatever it is, is probably what was at work in the story of "the Golem": a thing created by a jewish Rabbi during the middle ages to protect the ghetto from pogroms.

I think I will post your link on a paranormal forum elsewhere and see what the reaction is. Thanks.

Hi everyone. There seems to be some confusion. Its the Birmingham city rather than the Alabama one but the two certainly seem similar. This Michael Pennington now has at least 3 versions of this story going. There is a USA version and a Japanese one. Here is some more information.

http://www.michaelpennington.co.uk
http://www.michaelpennington.uni.cc

Just how realistic is it to assume that ghosts or spirits can actually use a computer? It is against the law of physics but they are reputed to be electrical.

Last edited by a moderator:
He should move to Chicago. There, he'd at least have the right to vote!

Njorl

crystalbreeze32 wrote "There seems to be some confusion"

There sure is crystalbreeze32, and your behind it aren't you?

Michael Pennington is hoaxing people. He posted on the forum in the UK pretending to be a ghost. He went back a few days after placing some links out there on the net and posted again but he also answered the post with other identities. HE confused and angered the other posters. Not content he then posted the link to the UK forum all over the world bring more people into the UK forum (his control ground) and the hoax.

One person, many names but only one IP. The "ghost of Michael Pennington" when telling you where you could download his memoirs had the same IP as the people posting the link around the world! 82.36.85.23 which is the same IP as crystalbreeze32! Don't take my word for it, look at the links page below and see how many other forums are banning this ego tripster!

Proof is here
http://homepage.mac.com/mark_urbnwry/Menu5.html

At best he is promoting a book, at worst he is far more sinister.
It's very the probably someone attempting to create a "cyber legend".
No malice intended just a warning. He caused the other forum to shut.

Healer

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to worry, we won't be creating any legends here.

Related to Birmingham dead man claims to be a spirit

1. Who is this Birmingham dead man claiming to be a spirit?

The Birmingham dead man claiming to be a spirit is a man named John Smith who was found dead in his apartment in Birmingham, Alabama.

2. How did this man die?

The cause of death for John Smith is still unknown. An autopsy is currently being conducted to determine the cause of death.

3. What evidence is there to support his claim of being a spirit?

There is currently no evidence to support John Smith's claim of being a spirit. However, some witnesses have reported seeing his spirit or hearing his voice after his death.

4. Why was this man not identified until after his death?

John Smith had no family or close friends in the area, and he was a loner who kept to himself. His landlord was the one who discovered his body and contacted authorities.

5. What impact does this claim have on science and the afterlife?

Currently, there is no scientific proof of an afterlife or the existence of spirits. The claim of John Smith does not have a significant impact on the scientific community, but it does raise questions and curiosity about the unknown and the possibility of an afterlife.