Bigfoot Hoax Goes in Halls of Hooey

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary, a man from Yakima, Washington who previously claimed to have worn a Bigfoot costume in a famous film from 37 years ago has recently put the hoax to rest by wearing the costume once again. Some people are still skeptical, but the man has debunked the story by writing a book with other survivors of the episode. However, there are still some doubts as to whether or not the suit used in the film is the same one worn by the man. Some people are still waiting for concrete evidence, such as a Bigfoot corpse, to confirm the truth. It is worth noting that in the original film, the Bigfoot was portrayed as having large breasts, but this was later explained as a female Bigfoot. Overall,
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
The Yakima man who made history and legend 37 years ago by walking in Bigfoot's flat feet donned the costume again this week to put the hoax firmly in the halls of hooey. [continued]

http://www.yakima-herald.com/?storyid=281619770695670

Although this doesn't end the story of Bigfoot it may well end the story of the Patterson film. My only hold out is the recent book deal made with survivors of this episode - a debunking of the story. So now the debunkers have the problem of proving this is the same suit seen in the film. I expect that it is but my expectations have been wrong before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
No comment until someone fetches a bigfoot corpse. I mean, really, you would think one would die of old age and someones dog would drag a bone out of the woods...

If I remember correctly, the initial film showed Bigfoot with rather well-endowed mammary glands. Did Bob explain this part, I didn't see any details in the photos.

My inclination has always to believe that footage was a hoax, but is this just another one?

Oops, sorry, read the rest of the story. It was supposed to be a female.

Related to Bigfoot Hoax Goes in Halls of Hooey

1. Is Bigfoot real or just a hoax?

The existence of Bigfoot, also known as Sasquatch, is still a highly debated topic among scientists and the general public. While there have been numerous reports and alleged evidence of Bigfoot sightings, there is no concrete scientific evidence to support its existence. The majority of scientists consider Bigfoot to be a myth or a hoax.

2. What evidence has been presented for the existence of Bigfoot?

There have been various pieces of evidence presented over the years, including blurry photographs, questionable footprints, and alleged eyewitness sightings. However, none of these have been scientifically proven to be authentic or conclusive.

3. Why do some people believe in Bigfoot despite the lack of evidence?

Belief in Bigfoot is often fueled by personal experiences, cultural beliefs, and the desire for mystery and adventure. People may also be influenced by popular media and conspiracy theories that promote the existence of Bigfoot.

4. Have there been any scientific studies conducted on Bigfoot?

There have been some scientific studies and investigations into the existence of Bigfoot, including DNA analysis of alleged Bigfoot hair samples and thorough searches of areas where sightings have been reported. However, none of these studies have provided conclusive evidence for the existence of Bigfoot.

5. What are the potential implications of the Bigfoot hoax?

The perpetuation of the Bigfoot hoax can have negative implications, such as wasting time and resources of scientists and law enforcement agencies who are called to investigate alleged sightings. It can also lead to the spread of misinformation and false beliefs, which can be harmful to society.