Best wishes for the winter solstice holiday.

• Thread starter matthyaouw
  • Start date
In summary, the wisher wishes everyone a happy and environmentally conscious winter solstice holiday. They also wish everyone a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2007.
matthyaouw
Gold Member
"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced with the most enjoyable traditions of religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make our country great (not to imply that Great Britain is necessarily greater than any other country) and without regard to the race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher.

This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message; however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced."

:smile:

This isn't mine, but try as I might, I can't find a source to quote for this.

Physics news on Phys.org
ahahhahah thanks that clears up the wish part.

HAHAHA! For some reason when I started reading this I heard it as if John Cleese was reading it and laughed so hard I snorted! Good thing the office is empty except for me.:smile:

And now for something completely different...

Related to Best wishes for the winter solstice holiday.

What is the significance of the winter solstice holiday?

The winter solstice marks the shortest day and longest night of the year in the Northern Hemisphere. It has been celebrated for thousands of years as a symbol of rebirth and renewal.

What are some common traditions associated with the winter solstice holiday?

Some common traditions include lighting candles or a Yule log, exchanging gifts, decorating homes with evergreens, and participating in feasts and gatherings with loved ones.

Why is it called the winter solstice?

The term "solstice" comes from the Latin words "sol" meaning sun and "sistere" meaning to stand still. This refers to the fact that the sun appears to stop moving in the sky before reversing its direction.

What other cultures and religions celebrate the winter solstice holiday?

The winter solstice is celebrated by many cultures and religions around the world, including Pagan, Celtic, Norse, and Native American traditions. It is also incorporated into holidays such as Christmas and Hanukkah.

How can I celebrate the winter solstice holiday in a meaningful way?

There are many ways to celebrate the winter solstice, but some ideas include taking a nature walk, practicing self-reflection and setting intentions for the upcoming year, volunteering or giving back to your community, and spending quality time with loved ones.