Benny Hinn, how can people believe him?

• Thread starter Chaballa
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the documentary "The Fifth Estate" which exposes TV Evangelist Benny Hinn and his lavish lifestyle funded by millions of followers who believe he can cure various diseases. The conversation also mentions the financial success of Hinn and the comparison to the Mormon practice of tithing. It is noted with humor that Hinn claims to have the power to knock out UFC champions with a wave of his hand.
Chaballa
Recently watched old documentary called The Fifth Estate - Expose of TV Evangelist Benny Hinn. Obviously i never believed Benny Hinn(when i first saw him on TV, i thought he was the biggest douch even worse than John Edward) but i was shocked to found out how much money he is making and number of followers he's got.. wow.

I just don't get how so many people can believe Benny Hinn can cure aids, cancer, blindness, heart disease, broken bones, etc and send him millions of dollars. Benny claims he doesn't spend any of that money but he lives very first class life style, presidential suite(same one Madonna, Michael Jackson stayed), private jet, etc.

Benny Hinn has millions of followers.. do they all have IQ below 80? cos i think people in 15th century wouldn't have believed him.

Physics news on Phys.org
just think if every one of his congregation put a dollar in the collection plate... every week. kind of like the mormons. they are encouraged to tithe. 10% anually for over 6 million people(10 years ago). that's a fat chunk of change. i know its 10% i haven't heard how many mormons there are as of 2011, the 6mil figure came from a missionary who used to visit.

hehe i thought this was hilarious. he can KO any UFC champion just by waving his hand. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Benny Hinn, how can people believe him?

1. How does Benny Hinn convince people to believe him?

Benny Hinn uses a combination of persuasive speaking, dramatic demonstrations, and claims of miraculous healings to gain followers and convince them of his abilities. He also relies on the power of suggestion and the emotional vulnerability of his audience to sway their beliefs.

2. What evidence does Benny Hinn offer to support his claims?

Benny Hinn often presents anecdotal stories and testimonies from individuals who claim to have been healed by him. However, there is no scientific evidence or peer-reviewed studies to support his claims of miraculous healings. Additionally, many of his claims have been debunked by medical professionals.

3. Why do people continue to believe in Benny Hinn despite his controversies?

Benny Hinn has built a large following and has been able to maintain his influence by instilling fear and guilt in his followers. He also promotes the idea that those who do not believe in him are lacking faith, creating a sense of exclusivity and superiority among his followers.

4. How does Benny Hinn's lifestyle contradict his teachings?

Benny Hinn preaches about living a modest and humble life, yet he lives in a multi-million dollar mansion and owns multiple private jets. He also has a history of financial controversies and accusations of using donations for personal gain, which goes against his message of generosity and giving to the poor.

5. What impact does Benny Hinn's teachings have on the scientific community?

Benny Hinn's teachings and claims of miraculous healings go against scientific evidence and medical knowledge. This can create confusion and skepticism among the general public and can harm the credibility of the scientific community. It is important for individuals to critically evaluate claims made by individuals like Benny Hinn and rely on evidence-based practices when it comes to health and healing.