Behavior of one electron choosing a path

In summary, the conversation discusses the behavior of single electrons in a circuit with two paths and how they choose which path to take. The question also addresses the effect of connecting two wires to a battery on voltage and current. The experts advise the OP to specify their question and clarify that the discussion belongs in the classical physics forum. It is explained that the behavior of individual electrons is not practical to analyze and the concept of current flow is used instead.
danielhaish
I know that current chose the way with the lowest resistance but this is becouse that few electrons will go on the two path and the smallest number of electron .,Is the path that the current go throw . But how does a single elelctrons "choose" is path .
And also if I connect two wire to a battary from both side instead of one deos it will change the voltage the amper or is it will empty it faster

Physics news on Phys.org
I am not talking about experience i asked how single elelctron behave in two option of path would it behave like current or it will choose the path randomally

danielhaish said:
I am not talking about experience

I didn't say "experience", I said "experiment".

danielhaish said:
how single elelctron behave in two option of path

What experiment are you talking about? You need to describe specifically what the experimental setup is and how it gives a single electron two options for a path to take. Otherwise your question is not well-defined and therefore not answerable.

I think I may know in a general way what you mean (resisters in parallel) but it will save a lot of aggravation and time for us all if you ask a well-specified question.

hutchphd said:
I think I may know in a general way what you mean (resisters in parallel)

If that's what the OP means, this thread belongs in Classical Physics, not Quantum Physics.

If that is his intent, perhaps we need to explain why that is true! But as you requested he needs to specify the question first..

Ok so this is the condition there surfaces that nagtive charge in one elctrons is connect with two wires to surface that have positive charge or nutral . And my question is in which wire the electron goes is it will be randomally one or the one wirh the smallest resestance

There are of course many many electrons involved in any macroscopic current and a lot of interactions along the way...if you are thinking about quantum probabilities they will not really show up here. For instance the electron you put into the wire will not usually be the electron you measure. But at finite temperature for ordinary conductors one can describe the "probability of measuring an electron (per time interval) as current". And ohm's law is certainly true.

Ok, sounds like you’re thinking classical not quantum mechanics, so this thread is moved to the classical physics forum.

Likes hutchphd
Yesh but if there is only one elctron he mist go only at once wire

But there are many many electrons already in the wire. You cannot point to one.

danielhaish said:
Ok so this is the condition there surfaces that nagtive charge in one elctrons is connect with two wires to surface that have positive charge or nutral . And my question is in which wire the electron goes is it will be randomally one or the one wirh the smallest resestance
There will be an electrical force on the electron, and the electron will go in whichever direction that force pushes it. The force comes from all the other charged particles around the electron. The forces will be such that more electrons get pushed down the low resistance path than the high resistance path.

The detailed calculation involving the interactions of every one of quadrillions of quadrillions of charged particles are completely impractical, which is why we think in terms of current flow instead of the motion of individual electrons to analyze circuits.

Likes Vanadium 50, danielhaish and hutchphd

1. What is the behavior of one electron choosing a path?

The behavior of one electron choosing a path is known as the double-slit experiment, where a single electron is sent through two parallel slits and observed to see which path it takes. This experiment demonstrates the wave-like behavior of electrons, as they can pass through both slits simultaneously and interfere with each other to create an interference pattern.

2. Why is the behavior of one electron choosing a path important?

This experiment is important because it challenges the traditional understanding of particles and waves. It shows that even at the smallest scale, particles can exhibit wave-like behavior, which has implications for our understanding of quantum mechanics and the nature of reality.

3. What is the significance of the double-slit experiment in quantum mechanics?

The double-slit experiment is a cornerstone of quantum mechanics, as it demonstrates the wave-particle duality of matter. It also highlights the role of observation in determining the behavior of particles, as the act of observing the electron's path changes its behavior.

4. How does the behavior of one electron choosing a path relate to the uncertainty principle?

The uncertainty principle states that it is impossible to know both the position and momentum of a particle with absolute certainty. In the double-slit experiment, the electron's position and momentum cannot be simultaneously determined, as the act of observing its path affects its momentum. This experiment demonstrates the limitations of our ability to measure and predict the behavior of particles at the quantum level.

5. What are some real-world applications of understanding the behavior of one electron choosing a path?

Understanding the behavior of one electron choosing a path has led to advancements in technology, such as the development of transistors and microchips used in computers. It also has implications for fields such as cryptography and quantum computing. Additionally, this knowledge has helped scientists better understand the fundamental nature of matter and the universe.