Interpretation for voltage and flux linkage

In summary, the conversation discusses the understanding of charge and current behavior in an electrical circuit. The current is described as the motion of charges, specifically electrons, that are repulsed by the negative pole and attracted by the positive pole through a conducting wire. The concept of flux linkage and voltage is also brought up, with the speaker mentioning that they do not have an intuitive understanding of these concepts and are unsure why they behave the way they do in a circuit. The idea of mastering voltage and potential difference before dealing with flux linkage is also mentioned. The conversation concludes with the speaker expressing their lack of understanding of flux linkage and their unfamiliarity with the term in their native language.
Jhenrique
The interpretation for charge and current through of a circuit is known... "the current is the motion of the charges, electrons, that is repulsed by negative pole and attracted by positive pole through of a conducting wire...". Ok... But what is the explanation for flux linkage and voltage through of a electrical circuit?

Understanding the physical behavior of the charge and current is more intuitive comprehend the their behavior through of a electrical circuit, like the why of when the circuit is bifurcated the current is divided in two and prefer the path that offers minor resistance... But I haven't this intuitive notion wrt voltage and flux linkage, I don't know why they behaves of a way or of another... (for example, I don't know why when the circuit is bifurcated the voltage isn't divided in two, is the same for both path).

Physics news on Phys.org
I think that most teachers of Physics would agree that it's better to master the idea of voltage, and the distinction between potential difference and emf (both measured in volt = joule per coulomb) before dealing with flux linkage.

Are you trying to master both voltage and flux linkage at the same time?

Philip Wood said:
I think that most teachers of Physics would agree that it's better to master the idea of voltage, and the distinction between potential difference and emf (both measured in volt = joule per coulomb) before dealing with flux linkage.

Are you trying to master both voltage and flux linkage at the same time?

I know what is voltage and potential difference, emf I know so-so and about the flux linkage, I don't know what is. Also, I don't know what is "flux linkage" in my natural idiom, pt-br, and I don't know what "linkage" means in english too! :S

Related to Interpretation for voltage and flux linkage

1. What is voltage and how is it related to flux linkage?

Voltage is a measure of the electric potential difference between two points in a circuit. It is related to flux linkage through Faraday's law, which states that the induced voltage in a circuit is directly proportional to the rate of change of flux linkage.

2. How do you interpret voltage and flux linkage in terms of circuit behavior?

Voltage and flux linkage play a crucial role in determining the behavior of a circuit. Changes in flux linkage can induce a voltage, which can then cause current to flow. Voltage and flux linkage are also important in determining the energy stored in an inductor and the work done by a motor.

3. What factors affect the interpretation of voltage and flux linkage?

The interpretation of voltage and flux linkage can be affected by various factors such as the number of turns in a coil, the strength of the magnetic field, and the frequency of the changing magnetic field. Additionally, the type of material used for the core of an inductor can also impact the interpretation of voltage and flux linkage.

4. How is voltage and flux linkage measured in a circuit?

Voltage and flux linkage can be measured using various instruments such as a voltmeter and an oscilloscope. A voltmeter can measure the voltage across a component in a circuit, while an oscilloscope can measure the changing voltage over time. Flux linkage can also be measured indirectly by measuring the current induced in a secondary coil of a transformer.

5. What is the significance of understanding voltage and flux linkage in circuit analysis?

Understanding voltage and flux linkage is crucial in circuit analysis as it allows for the prediction and control of circuit behavior. By analyzing the voltage and flux linkage in a circuit, engineers can design and optimize circuits for specific purposes, such as power generation or motor control. It also helps in troubleshooting and diagnosing issues in circuits.