BEC and electrons PLEASE I BEG U ANSWER

In summary, the individual is asking if it is possible to send free electrons into a BEC and compress them, as this is the basis for their application in a science competition called ISEF. They have read about the possibility of storing electrons in a BEC, but are unsure if it is actually possible and are seeking clarification on the matter. They are hoping for help and an explanation to improve their chances of winning the competition and receiving a scholarship.
SaudAlt
What would happen if we send Free electrons in A BEC cloud? will it get destroyed because of the positrons? or will it just get compressed. please explain because i have a project that has something to do with it. i want an explanation that it is possible to send electrons in a BEC to get them compressed

Physics news on Phys.org
SaudAlt said:
What would happen if we send Free electrons in A BEC cloud? will it get destroyed because of the positrons? or will it just get compressed. please explain because i have a project that has something to do with it. i want an explanation that it is possible to send electrons in a BEC to get them compressed

This question makes no sense.

What "positrons"? Where did they come from? I don't recall any BEC gas done with positrons. And why would sending free electrons into such a gas cause "compression"?

You are asking us to explain things that seem to only occur in your mind. Where did you get such notion of BEC gas having positrons and being compressed by free electrons?

Zz.

i am in the 9th grade and i don't know much. i thought that since ppl nowadays are sending photons througe BEC and actually stopping them( which also compress them) in quantum computing. i thought we can do it also with free electrons. in 2009 they actually made a BEC out of photons.

SaudAlt said:
i am in the 9th grade and i don't know much. i thought that since ppl nowadays are sending photons througe BEC and actually stopping them( which also compress them) in quantum computing. i thought we can do it also with free electrons. in 2009 they actually made a BEC out of photons.

Where ever it is that you're getting your information from, you got it wrong.

It is an unwritten policy of this forum (if you haven't figured it out by now), that you should provide FULL citation of your sources. So when you are basing something from what you read, you MUST provide those sources. It would be a futile exercise (not to mention, a total waste of time) to discuss something only to find out that you actually understood something wrong!

No one has done quantum computing using light being stopped in a BEC. Period.

BEC out of photons is rather odd.

There is every indication here that you didn't understand your sources.

Zz.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=451349 i saw it on the internet but to make u look even funnier it is also in your forum.
Light stoping :
Go tell harvard to get there sources corrected

Instead of trying to make a 15 year old look stupid try helping him ...

Last edited by a moderator:
SaudAlt said:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=451349 i saw it on the internet but to make u look even funnier it is also in your forum.
Light stoping :
Go tell harvard to get there sources corrected

Instead of trying to make a 15 year old look stupid try helping him ...

You need to read things more carefully.

I said that none of those things have been used in any quantum computing. I know fully well about stopping light, etc. I've even sat in on one of Lene Hau's talks!

Furthermore, none of those things have any connection to what you wrote in your first post. You never answered, for example, where these "positrons" came from.

We can't help you if your starting premise is faulty. What I've been trying to establish here is what exactly is the stuff that you've understood that you're trying to build on. You, on the other hand, somehow took it the wrong way. I'm trying to get you to think and do things the way a scientist would do, i.e. look carefully at the sources, and cite them whenever one is trying to use it for something else. This "cultural practice" is one of the most valuable skills that you can learn out of this forum as well!

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in a compition that goes by the name ISEF which is currently going on in my country only 12 ppl will be chousen to represent my country and i am freeked out because i am in the finals. so i really need help

My project is based on an application i am trying to develop for the BEC, the whole idea of the application is based on the behavior of the electrons in the BEC which i am hoping is going to work the way i want to Hopfully if not than i am scrood.

My question is : is it possible to move free electrons to the condensate and storing them in the condensate. i have read that electrons will lose there charge due to the relative impermeability to other electrons.

If this is possible please tell me why. if not also please tell me why
I am begging for help because i am dieing to win and get a scholarship :(

Related to BEC and electrons PLEASE I BEG U ANSWER

1. What is BEC (Bose-Einstein Condensate)?

BEC is a state of matter that occurs when a group of bosons, a type of subatomic particle, are cooled to near absolute zero. At this extremely low temperature, the bosons lose their individual identities and act as one coherent entity, behaving like a single particle.

2. How is BEC created in the lab?

BEC is created by using lasers and magnetic fields to cool a gas of bosonic particles to extremely low temperatures, usually just a few billionths of a degree above absolute zero. This cooling process causes the particles to lose their kinetic energy and "clump" together, forming a BEC.

3. What are the properties of BEC?

BEC has several unique properties, including: all particles in the BEC have the same quantum state, they move in perfect unison, and they exhibit wave-like behavior. BEC also has very low entropy, meaning it has a high degree of organization.

4. Why is BEC important for studying electrons?

Electrons are fermions, a type of subatomic particle that behaves differently than bosons. By creating a BEC of bosonic particles, scientists can study the behavior of fermions in a completely new environment. This can provide insights into the nature of quantum mechanics and help us better understand the properties of electrons.

5. Can BEC be used for practical applications?

While BEC is still a relatively new area of study, there have been some proposed practical applications. These include using BEC for precision measurements, creating superfluids for more efficient energy transfer, and developing new types of sensors and quantum computers. However, more research is needed before these applications can be fully realized.