Is the Big Bang Theory Confusing the Concept of Singularity and Black Holes?

• Thread starter Imparcticle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Confused
In summary, the conversation discussed the BB Theory and the BBT, which explain the origin and expansion of the universe. However, there is a discrepancy with the concept of a singularity and its evaporation time. It was pointed out that a singularity in the time frame mentioned is more likely a Black Hole, which is different from the singularity that is thought to have caused the Big Bang.
Imparcticle
According to the research I have conducted on the internet (google), I have found that according to the BB Theory, the universe began expanding in extremely short intervals of time. Also, I have learned that the BBT says that the universe was supposed to have originated from a singularity.

Now here is my problem. It takes 10^49 (I think; if that is incorrect, the point is that it takes billions of years..) for a singularity to have fully evoporated. That is older than the universe, and defintely older than the extremely short intervals of time. I must get going now, but I hope you all understand my problem here without my restating my points.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
An "evaporating singularity" in that time frame sounds like a Black Hole singularity...which is very different thing than the "singularity" which is frequently discussed as the Big Bang seed. So it seems that you are confusing a point-of-compressed-mass-in-space with all-space. The Big Bang was the extremely rapid expansion of space that marks the beginning of our universe. A Black Hole is a collection of matter compressed down to a point.

What is BBT?

BBT stands for Basal Body Temperature. It is the lowest body temperature achieved during rest and is typically measured immediately after waking up.

Why is BBT important?

BBT can be used to track changes in a woman's menstrual cycle and detect ovulation. It can also be used to identify potential fertility issues.

How do I measure BBT?

BBT is measured using a special basal thermometer. It is important to take your temperature at the same time every morning, before getting out of bed or moving around.

What factors can affect BBT?

Several factors can affect BBT, including illness, lack of sleep, alcohol consumption, and certain medications. It is important to track these factors along with your BBT for more accurate results.

Is BBT a reliable method of birth control?

No, BBT should not be used as a sole method of birth control. While it can indicate when a woman is most fertile, it is not a foolproof method and can be affected by various factors. It is important to use additional methods of birth control if avoiding pregnancy is the goal.