Basic mechanical engineering learning

The MIT OpenCourseWare lectures are a popular choice for learning basic mechanical engineering concepts. Other online resources such as Coursera and EdX also offer courses in mechanical engineering. As for prerequisites, a basic understanding of physics and calculus is recommended.
Lucas Martins
Where can I learn some basic mechanical engineering, I am thinking of applying for a course on ME and I wanted to know what I am getting into, is there a online course that you guys recommend?. I have a some physics knowledge with basic dynamics but nothing differential. and maths up to basic calculus.

Physics news on Phys.org
Lucas Martins said:
Where can I learn some basic mechanical engineering, I am thinking of applying for a course on ME and I wanted to know what I am getting into, is there a online course that you guys recommend?. I have a some physics knowledge with basic dynamics but nothing differential. and maths up to basic calculus.
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

I googled Mechanical Engineering Learning Resources, and got lots of good hits. The first one on the list is the free MIT OpenCourseWare lectures:

https://www.google.com/search?q=mechanical+engineering+learning+resources&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Likes Lucas Martins

Related to Basic mechanical engineering learning

1. What is mechanical engineering?

Mechanical engineering is a branch of engineering that deals with the design, manufacturing, and maintenance of mechanical systems. It involves the application of principles from physics, materials science, and mathematics to create and improve machines and mechanical systems.

2. What are the fundamental principles of basic mechanical engineering?

The fundamental principles of basic mechanical engineering include mechanics, thermodynamics, materials science, and energy transfer. These principles are used to understand and analyze the behavior of mechanical systems and to design efficient and effective solutions.

3. What skills are needed to learn basic mechanical engineering?

To learn basic mechanical engineering, one needs to have a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and materials science. Additionally, skills such as problem-solving, critical thinking, and attention to detail are important to be successful in this field.

4. What are some common applications of basic mechanical engineering?

Basic mechanical engineering principles are used in a wide range of applications, including designing and building machines and mechanical systems for industries such as automotive, aerospace, and manufacturing. It is also used in fields such as robotics, renewable energy, and healthcare.

5. What are some resources for learning basic mechanical engineering?

There are many resources available for learning basic mechanical engineering, including textbooks, online courses, and tutorials. Some universities also offer introductory courses in mechanical engineering. Additionally, joining professional organizations and attending workshops and conferences can also be helpful in learning more about the field.