Bad grade in classical mechanics

In summary, make sure to utilize this second chance opportunity to make up for your bad first test. Some tips include reading the book before class, starting on homework as soon as it's assigned, talking to your professor for help, forming a study group, studying consistently instead of cramming, and practicing with previous exams. Good luck on your next test!
RFeynman
I’m felling demotivated because I had a bad grade, I don’t know how I got such kind of grade.
However, I’m looking to get a very good grade in the next test, that will count 100%.
I’m in the first year of physics, what advices do you have on how to study(CM), which exercises? What books should I read?
What should I do? I really want to get very good grades, so I can pursue a career in investigation.
Thank you for your time.
Best wishes!

Physics news on Phys.org
From what you're saying it sounds like your next test will count for your entire grade?

If so, be sure to utilize this second chance opportunity to make up for your bad first test.

These are some things that really helped me.

• Read the book BEFORE you go to class. Getting familiar with the concepts before your professor goes over them really helped me to get the concepts down.
  • Start on homework that day that it's assigned. This way if you run into problems you can seek help early.
  • Go talk to your professor. They have office hours for a reason, and they're usually happy to explain things or give assistance on a tough problem.
  • Reach out to classmates and start a study group. Going over things with your peers can help.
  • Study a little bit each night instead of doing a whole lot of studying the night before. Ideally you should start doing practice problems WEEKS in advance of the test, while slowly increasing your workload as the test gets closer.
  • See if any exams from previous years are available. Work through these exams in a "simulated test environment." Set a timer for an hour, and work through it using no resources. If there are no tests available, you can make your own using practice or homework problems.
Hope this helps and good luck.

Likes Dr. Courtney and RFeynman
un par de tenis said:
From what you're saying it sounds like your next test will count for your entire grade?

If so, be sure to utilize this second chance opportunity to make up for your bad first test.

• Read the book BEFORE you go to class. Getting familiar with the concepts before your professor goes over them really helped me to get the concepts down.
  • Start on homework that day that it's assigned. This way if you run into problems you can seek help early.
  • Go talk to your professor. They have office hours for a reason, and they're usually happy to explain things or give assistance on a tough problem.
  • Reach out to classmates and start a study group. Going over things with your peers can help.
  • Study a little bit each night instead of doing a whole lot of studying the night before. Ideally you should start doing practice problems WEEKS in advance of the test, while slowly increasing your workload as the test gets closer.
  • See if any exams from previous years are available. Work through these exams in a "simulated test environment." Set a timer for an hour, and work through it using no resources. If there are no tests available, you can make your own using practice or homework problems.

Yeah, that’s right, the next which is global will count for 100% of the grade, but you just got this test, I have about 3 weeks.
I’ll do what you told me, thank you very much.

un par de tenis said:

The above is excellent advice. It worked for me when I was a struggling physics student and has worked for many of my students through the years when I've been a prof, mentor, and adviser.

Dr. Courtney approves this message!

Likes atomicpedals

Related to Bad grade in classical mechanics

1. Why did I get a bad grade in classical mechanics?

There could be a variety of reasons for receiving a bad grade in classical mechanics. It could be due to not understanding the concepts, not studying enough, or not paying attention in class. It is important to identify the specific reason and address it in order to improve in the future.

2. Is classical mechanics a difficult subject?

Classical mechanics can be a challenging subject for some students. It involves understanding complex concepts and applying them to real-world problems. However, with dedication and practice, it is possible to improve and succeed in this subject.

3. How can I improve my grade in classical mechanics?

To improve your grade in classical mechanics, it is important to attend all classes, take thorough notes, and actively participate in discussions. Additionally, practice solving problems and seek help from your professor or a tutor if needed. Reviewing and understanding your mistakes on past assignments or exams can also help you improve in the future.

4. What resources are available to help me understand classical mechanics?

There are several resources available to help you understand classical mechanics. Your professor or teaching assistant may offer office hours or review sessions. You can also seek help from a tutor or join a study group with classmates. Additionally, there are many online resources such as textbooks, videos, and practice problems that can aid in your understanding of the subject.

5. Will a bad grade in classical mechanics affect my future career?

A bad grade in classical mechanics may not directly affect your future career, but it can impact your overall GPA and potentially limit your opportunities for graduate school or certain job opportunities. It is important to strive for a good understanding of the subject and to work towards improving your grade in order to demonstrate your knowledge and skills to potential employers or graduate programs.