Avatar Size Change After Server Move? - Greg

• Bug
  • Thread starter Hootenanny
  • Start date
In summary, the server move may have caused changes in the way your avatar is rendered, resulting in a different displayed size. It is possible that the size may continue to change as the server adjusts, but you can edit your avatar settings to adjust it back to its original size. Other users' avatar sizes may also be affected by the server move, but this may vary. Unfortunately, it is difficult to completely prevent changes in avatar size during server moves, but you can make adjustments to your settings after future moves.
Hootenanny
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Greg,

My old avatar was 75 x 75 pixels, but now that I've changed to a new avatar I'm restricted to 65 x 65 pixels. :frown:

Is this a bug associated with the sever move?

Physics news on Phys.org
A very fitting avatar, Hoot, regardless of the size :approve:

1. Why did my avatar size change after the server move?

The server move may have affected the way your avatar is rendered due to changes in the server's software or hardware. This could result in a difference in the displayed size of your avatar.

2. Will my avatar size continue to change after the server move?

It is possible that your avatar size may continue to change as the server adapts to the new environment. However, it should stabilize once the server fully adjusts to the move.

3. Can I change my avatar size back to its original size?

Yes, you can adjust the size of your avatar by editing the avatar settings. Keep in mind that the displayed size may still be affected by the server move, but you can make adjustments to your preferred size.

4. Will other users' avatar sizes also change after the server move?

It is possible that other users' avatar sizes may also be affected by the server move. However, this may vary depending on their individual avatar settings and the changes made during the server move.

5. Is there a way to prevent my avatar size from changing during server moves in the future?

Unfortunately, server moves can often lead to changes in how avatars are rendered. While there may be ways to minimize these changes, it is difficult to completely prevent them. We recommend adjusting your avatar settings as needed after future server moves.