Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

attachment an image in line

Albert

Jan 25, 2013
How to attatch an image in line using "LaTeX code" ?
there must have something wrong with my computer

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Attaching an image inline has nothing to do with using $\LaTeX$. To attach an image inline, follow these steps:

1.) Click the "Insert Image" button on the editor toolbar.

insert_image_inline_01.png

2.) In the pop-up dialogue box, make sure the "From Computer" tab is selected (which it will be the first time you open it):

insert_image_inline_02.png

Click the "Select Files" button to browse your local storage media, and select the file(s) you wish to attach.

3.) Once you have the fils(s) selected, click "Upload File(s)":

insert_image_inline_03.png

4.) If you are using the WYSIWYG editor, you should see thumbnails of the images in the editor, but if you are using the Source Mode editor (my recommendation), then you will see something like:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6562._xfImport[/ATTACH]

in the editor at the location the image will appear when you preview your post or submit your post.

That's all there is to it! :D

Albert

Jan 25, 2013
Attaching an image inline has nothing to do with using $\LaTeX$. To attach an image inline, follow these steps:

1.) Click the "Insert Image" button on the editor toolbar.

2.) In the pop-up dialogue box, make sure the "From Computer" tab is selected (which it will be the first time you open it):

Click the "Select Files" button to browse your local storage media, and select the file(s) you wish to attach.

3.) Once you have the fils(s) selected, click "Upload File(s)":

4.) If you are using the WYSIWYG editor, you should see thumbnails of the images in the editor, but if you are using the Source Mode editor (my recommendation), then you will see something like:

in the editor at the location the image will appear when you preview your post or submit your post.

That's all there is to it! :D
Where can I find "Source Mode editor " ?

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Where can I find "Source Mode editor " ?
You can toggle editor modes with the top left button on the toolbar:

insert_image_inline_04.png

If the background of the button is blue, then you are using the "Source Mode" editor, and if the background is white, you are using the "WYSIWYG" editor.

To change your default editor mode, you can do this in your User Control Panel. Click the "Settings" link at the top right of any page. On the left, you will see a block labeled "My Settings" and a sub-block labeled "My Account." Click "General Settings" and scroll down to the section labeled "Miscellaneous Options" and the first setting there allows you to select your default editor mode:

insert_image_inline_05.png

If you make any changes on this page, to have them go into effect, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes."