At Cal State San Luis Obisbo, what are some impacted majors?

• Programs
  • Thread starter Jurrasic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    State
In summary, the conversation discusses impacted majors at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo, the difficulty of getting into the school, and the availability of science and engineering majors. It is suggested that the individual should do their own research and not rely on others for information, and it is implied that they may not be ready for college.
Jurrasic
Are any of the impacted majors there science or engineering related majors?
Is it a hard school to get into?
And does this school only have science and engineering majors (Is it a science/math type school) ?

What kind of GPA is required to get into this school?

Physics news on Phys.org
Jurrasic said:
At Cal State San Luis Obisbo, what are some impacted majors?
Are any of the impacted majors there science or engineering related majors?

Google "SLO impacted majors". After 0.25 seconds you get the following "All majors at San Luis Obispo and most majors at San Diego are impacted".

Jurrasic said:
And does this school only have science and engineering majors

Again, two clicks from the Cal Poly home page gets one to the http://www.ess.calpoly.edu/_admiss/undergrad/prospective_majorsoffered.html".

With all due respect, I think you've wasted enough of this forum's time. You are not ready for college - any college. In college you need to be able to look something up on your own, and not ask someone else to do your work for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vanadium 50 said:
Google "SLO impacted majors". After 0.25 seconds you get the following "All majors at San Luis Obispo and most majors at San Diego are impacted".
Again, two clicks from the Cal Poly home page gets one to the http://www.ess.calpoly.edu/_admiss/undergrad/prospective_majorsoffered.html".

With all due respect, I think you've wasted enough of this forum's time. You are not ready for college - any college. In college you need to be able to look something up on your own, and not ask someone else to do your work for you.

Hi, what might you suggest as a solution?
No, don't say that, do you think, possibly, never posting at any time about any topic, under any condition and leaving the forum is reasonable? wow, if so, then message me, or email me and I will give you my password so you can delete the account.

As for the second part of the response you made:
Agreed. 2 year college is for students who aren't ready for a real college or university yet. I.e. - students who have things to learn before they are ready for more of a real college.
(Agreed and took note of googling. TRYING to follow what you say.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to At Cal State San Luis Obisbo, what are some impacted majors?

1. What is an impacted major?

An impacted major is a program of study that has more applicants than available spots. This means that there are more students interested in the major than the university can accommodate.

2. How do I know if a major is impacted at Cal State San Luis Obisbo?

You can check the list of impacted majors on the university's website or by contacting the admissions office. This list is subject to change, so it is always best to check with the university directly.

3. Are all majors at Cal State San Luis Obisbo impacted?

No, not all majors are impacted. Some programs may have a limited number of spots, but are not considered impacted because the number of applicants does not exceed the available spots.

4. How does impacted status affect my chances of getting into a major?

Impacted majors are highly competitive and have a limited number of spots, so it may be more difficult to get accepted into these programs. However, it is still possible to get accepted if you meet the admissions requirements and criteria.

5. Are there any benefits to choosing an impacted major?

Choosing an impacted major can have its benefits, such as smaller class sizes, more specialized courses, and a more competitive and rigorous academic environment. It can also prepare you for a highly competitive job market in your field of study.