Astrology Anomaly: Baby Born on Mars July 12, 2014

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Anomaly
In summary, the conversation discusses the astrological Sun sign of a baby born on Mars on July 12, 2014 and the possibility of developing a new system of astrology for Mars. It also touches on the connection between celestial events and life on Earth, the association of astrology with science, and the challenges of understanding the influence of planets on human behavior. Ultimately, the conversation highlights the complexity and mystery surrounding astrology and its role in human life.
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Just for fun...
If a baby is born on Mars on July 12, 2014, what would his/her astrological Sun sign be?

Physics news on Phys.org
Math Is Hard said:
Just for fun...
If a baby is born on Mars on July 12, 2014, what would his/her astrological Sun sign be?

the sun would be in the Cancer ecliptic. no, the sun would NOT be in the constellation Cancer.

thanks for your response, Kerrie!
would people on Mars have to develop an entirely new system of astrology, since the one used on Earth is based on a geo-centric model?

Math Is Hard said:
thanks for your response, Kerrie!
would people on Mars have to develop an entirely new system of astrology, since the one used on Earth is based on a geo-centric model?

oh wait! my apologies, i answered so fast and didn't even see the mars part! i will have to research that a bit, as i am not sure. but, as far as Earth based astrology, yes Earth is on a geo-centric model because of the positions of the planets in relation to our earth. the same would be true for Mars astrology, and in order for astrology to be "established" on other planets, the behavioral cycles of people in relation to the aspects and planetary positions would have to be studied for quite some time. this is how astrology has been established for us here, and you will sometimes read the phrase that "astrology is the oldest science". this is due to how long humanity has studied the celestial bodies-whether they be planets or stars. as we have discovered more of these bodies, our version of astrology has been more detailed.

for me personally, when i look at a birth chart, i do not look at planets past saturn because the outer planets take so long to move, and there hasn't been enough time to understand the cycles in correlation with earth. what i do understand with the "inner" planets and jupiter/saturn is many people will live up to the typical tendencies unless some experience has changed their perspective/attitude in that particular "planetary influence".

So, how exactly do planets millions/billions of miles away affect us?

And why do no two astrologers ever agree on their premonitions?

I don't ever remember Astrology being associated with science - when did that happen?

There was a time when professional astronomers also worked as astrologers.

(Q) said:
So, how exactly do planets millions/billions of miles away affect us?

And why do no two astrologers ever agree on their premonitions?

I don't ever remember Astrology being associated with science - when did that happen?

q, your questions are off topic. try these links for some insight.Astrology The physics of astrology

i don't feel like repeating a thread which is already duplicated twice in this forum. and please-read them all the way through.

Thanks - I read them through, however there were no clear answers other than "there is no "cause" in the heavens followed by an "effect" here on Earth. Instead, both planetary and earthly events happen simultaneously and are mutually reflective. Neither is the other here on the Earth below."

Of course, that makes no sense at all and tends to raise more questions than answers.

(Q) said:
Thanks - I read them through, however there were no clear answers other than "there is no "cause" in the heavens followed by an "effect" here on Earth. Instead, both planetary and earthly events happen simultaneously and are mutually reflective. Neither is the other here on the Earth below."

Of course, that makes no sense at all and tends to raise more questions than answers.

pose your questions in those threads then.

Another attempt by mankind to know the unknowable.
"I don't know" seems too painful for most folks.

I never did thank you for your response, Kerrie. My bad!
I thought what you said was very interesting. I had just assumed that once you leave planet Earth, all bets are off. I didn't think about people starting the observations over from scratch.

Related to Astrology Anomaly: Baby Born on Mars July 12, 2014

1. What is the significance of a baby being born on Mars?

The significance of a baby being born on Mars is that it would be the first human birth to occur on another planet. This could have major implications for the future of space exploration and colonization.

2. How did the baby's birth on Mars occur?

This is a hypothetical scenario and not scientifically possible at this time. It would require advanced technology and infrastructure to support human life on Mars, including a suitable atmosphere, food, and medical care.

3. Would the baby have any physical or developmental differences being born on Mars?

It is likely that a baby born on Mars would have some physiological differences compared to a baby born on Earth. These could include changes in bone density, muscle mass, and lung capacity due to the lower gravity and different atmosphere on Mars.

4. What challenges would the baby face growing up on Mars?

Growing up on Mars would be significantly different from growing up on Earth. The child would have to adapt to the environment, including the lower gravity, different day-night cycle, and potential exposure to radiation. They would also have limited access to resources and may face social and psychological challenges living in a small, isolated community.

5. What are the ethical considerations of a baby being born on Mars?

There are many ethical considerations that would need to be addressed before a baby could be born on Mars. These include the safety and well-being of the child, the potential impact on their future health and development, and the responsibility of the parents and society to provide a suitable environment for the child to grow up in.