Are there international REU equivalents for undergraduates?

In summary, the individual is looking for summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) programs in Europe and other countries. While there may not be an organized group like the REUs, it is suggested to ask academic advisers who may have ties to foreign universities and institutes. An example of this is a friend who spent two summers at the Max Planck Institute in Germany after a former REU adviser made a call for her.
Ai52487963
I've been looking into some summer Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) programs here in the US, but is there some kind of equivalent program for countries in Europe and elsewhere?

Physics news on Phys.org
While I don't know if there's an organized group of them like the REUs (hopefully someone will know), I do know that many academic advisers have ties to foreign universities and institutes - you might want to ask your adviser if they can inquire for you. A friend of mine spent 2 summers at the Max Planck Institute in Germany (Garching) after a former REU adviser made a call for her.

Yes, there are international equivalents to the REU program in the US. Many universities and research institutions in Europe and other countries offer summer research programs for undergraduate students. These programs often have similar goals and structures as the REU program, providing students with hands-on research experience, mentorship from faculty, and the opportunity to collaborate with other students from around the world. Some examples of international programs include the DAAD RISE program in Germany, the JSPS Summer Program in Japan, and the Amgen Scholars Program in various countries. It is worth exploring these opportunities to gain valuable research experience in a global setting.

Related to Are there international REU equivalents for undergraduates?

1. What is an International REU equivalent?

An International REU equivalent is a research program that is similar to the Research Experience for Undergraduates (REU) program in the United States, but takes place in a different country.

2. How is an International REU equivalent different from a regular REU program?

An International REU equivalent typically involves research projects that focus on global or international issues, and may also involve cultural immersion and language learning opportunities.

3. Who is eligible to participate in an International REU equivalent?

Most International REU equivalent programs are open to undergraduate students from any country, although some may have specific eligibility requirements such as a minimum GPA or language proficiency.

4. How can I find an International REU equivalent program?

You can search for International REU equivalent programs on various websites, such as the National Science Foundation's REU program search, or through your university's international programs office.

5. Are International REU equivalent programs funded?

Some International REU equivalent programs may provide funding for participants, but this varies by program. It is important to research and inquire about funding opportunities before applying to a program.