Are there cert courses/MOOCs about Electromagnetism in 2017?

In summary, the speaker is currently studying a CSE bachelor in Europe with a focus on physics. They are looking for additional resources to strengthen their knowledge and potentially pursue a masters in physics. They plan to start with electromagnetism on their own, but are also interested in finding a course with a certificate. They are open to recommendations for courses or resources on electromagnetism.
pdm
Hello everyone,

I'm currently doing a CSE bachelor (europe) in which I'll focus on physics. Now, I'd like to also put in some extra work to strengthen my focus on physics. This will put me ahead of others but it might also give me the chance of doing a masters in physics.

Anyway, currently there isn't a course that fits my current knowledge/plans in general so I though I'll just start with electromagnetism on my own. Of course, there are a lot of good ressources online (I'm always open for recommendations!) but I'm wondering if there are courses for which I might even get a certificate.
Something like an electromagnetism MOOC in 2017.

The reason I'd prefere a course with a certificate isn't that I think the certificate is very important but it just allows me to put something on my academic transcript, in case I won't be able to attend the lecture on my university. (e.g. I might not have time when it is - it usually is only once a year). So the certificate is just a nice to have.

So does anyone know such a course in 2017? If not, I'm also open to any recommendation on courses/ressources about electromagnetism.

Thanks for reading

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
From what I can see right now, edX.org only has archived courses in this subject. MIT Opencourseware has some pretty good online courses, but there are no certificates, as far as I am aware.

Related to Are there cert courses/MOOCs about Electromagnetism in 2017?

1. What is Electromagnetism?

Electromagnetism is a branch of physics that deals with the study of the interactions between electrically charged particles. It explains how electricity and magnetism are related and how they affect each other.

2. Are there certification courses available for Electromagnetism?

Yes, there are certification courses available for Electromagnetism in 2017. Some prominent ones include "Introduction to Electromagnetism" by MIT on edX, "Fundamentals of Electrical and Electronic Devices" by Georgia Tech on Coursera, and "Electromagnetism: Maxwell's Equations" by EPFL on Coursera.

3. What is a MOOC?

MOOC stands for Massive Open Online Course. It is a type of online course that is open to anyone and has no specific requirements for enrollment. MOOCs often offer high-quality education from top universities and institutions and are usually free or have a minimal fee.

4. Are there any MOOCs specifically for Electromagnetism in 2017?

Yes, there are several MOOCs specifically for Electromagnetism in 2017. Some popular ones include "Electricity & Magnetism: Circuits and Electronics" by Duke University on Coursera, "Electromagnetic Theory" by IIT Kanpur on NPTEL, and "Electricity and Magnetism: Electrostatics" by Rice University on Coursera.

5. Do these courses offer any hands-on learning opportunities?

Some of these courses may offer hands-on learning opportunities through virtual labs or simulations. However, it ultimately depends on the specific course and platform. It is recommended to check the course description or contact the course provider for more information on hands-on learning opportunities.