Are there any resources for studying calculus and physics?

In summary, the student is in year one and looking for more exercises to practice in calculus and physics at an introductory level. They mention that their school provides webwork and masteringphysics as homework, but they feel that the number of questions is limited. They are asking for any additional resources or recommendations for studying. The expert suggests that any calculus and physics textbooks appropriate for their level should have plenty of questions. They also suggest checking online for used textbooks at a low cost or checking local/school libraries. The expert also recommends the 12th edition of a specific textbook, but advises the student to search for it separately as the link provided may show inflated prices.
ChloeYip
I am in year one, hope to get more exercises to work on practice...
especially in calculus and physics (introductory level)
My school is already provide webwork and masteringphysics as homework, but I don't think they are enough...(limited number of questions only...)
Are there any more resources or recommendation for studying?
Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Any Calculus and Physics textbooks appropriate to your level should have plenty of questions for you to answer. If you don't already have these, you can find thousands of used, prior-edition textbooks on Amazon for very, very cheap (a few dollars or less). Or you could check your local/school library and see if they have any textbooks.

I have the 12th edition of this textbook and found it useful: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0805391797/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Edit: Hmm, when I click on the link, the prices are waaaay off. There are plenty for sale for around 6 dollars, but if I use the link it only shows a few for sale and all are 30 dollars or more. Just do a search for the title (University Physics 11th edition) and you should easily find the cheap ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Student100

Related to Are there any resources for studying calculus and physics?

1. What are the best online resources for studying calculus and physics?

Some of the best online resources for studying calculus and physics are Khan Academy, Coursera, MIT OpenCourseWare, and Physics Classroom. These websites offer free video lectures, practice problems, and other helpful materials.

2. Are there any textbooks or study guides available for calculus and physics?

Yes, there are many textbooks and study guides available for calculus and physics. Some popular ones include "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by James Stewart and "University Physics" by Young and Freedman.

3. Can I find practice problems and exams for calculus and physics online?

Yes, there are plenty of practice problems and exams available online for calculus and physics. Khan Academy and Physics Classroom have a variety of practice problems, and websites like Chegg and Course Hero offer practice exams that you can access with a subscription.

4. Are there any online communities or forums where I can ask questions about calculus and physics?

Yes, there are several online communities and forums where you can ask questions about calculus and physics. Some popular ones include Reddit's r/askphysics and r/learnmath, Physics Forums, and Stack Exchange's Mathematics and Physics sections.

5. Are there any mobile apps that can help me study calculus and physics?

Yes, there are many mobile apps that can help you study calculus and physics. Some popular ones include WolframAlpha, Khan Academy, and Photomath, which allows you to take a photo of a math problem and receive step-by-step solutions.