Are Posts in the Member Awards Forum Counted Towards Post Count?

• Thread starter Dembadon
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses how posts made in the Member Awards sub forum are increasing the post count of one of the participants. They question whether this is intended, as they thought posts in the Lounge area were not supposed to count towards the total. They also mention a potential solution of restricting awards to those who have not won before. The conversation also addresses a similar issue with post count increasing unexpectedly. It is revealed that this could be due to threads being moved or reported posts counting towards the total.
Dembadon
Gold Member
Posts made in the Member Awards sub forum are increasing my post count. Is this intended? I thought posts made in the Lounge area weren't supposed to count towards one's total.

Physics news on Phys.org
Dembadon said:
Posts made in the Member Awards sub forum are increasing my post count. Is this intended? I thought posts made in the Lounge area weren't supposed to count towards one's total.
Greg probably didn't disable post count. Unless you plan to spam the Awards, just accept them. :-p I believe that when the comments get deleted after the awards, they'll disappear.

<sticks a GOOBF card into Dembadon's computer for being honest> I hadn't even noticed.

Gotcha. Thanks! =]

What do you think of making awards restricted to people who have not won them before?

mathwonk said:
What do you think of making awards restricted to people who have not won them before?

Staff has talked about it and we'll do exactly that next year :)

I'm necro'ing my old post because I believe my new issue is sufficiently similar.

On August 23rd (+/- two days), my post count was 559. Now it is 566, and I have no idea how this happened. I don't believe I've made enough posts in forums that increase one's post count to make this possible.

Dembadon said:
I'm necro'ing my old post because I believe my new issue is sufficiently similar.

On August 23rd (+/- two days), my post count was 559. Now it is 566, and I have no idea how this happened. I don't believe I've made enough posts in forums that increase one's post count to make this possible.
Sometimes threads get moved, if you posted in a thread in GD which was moved to a forum where posts count, your post count would increase. Reported posts also count.

Evo said:
Sometimes threads get moved, if you posted in a thread in GD which was moved to a forum where posts count, your post count would increase. Reported posts also count.

Doh, can't believe I didn't think of that. :redface:

Edit:

Reported posts also count.

Posts I report, or posts I've made that are reported by others?

Last edited:
Dembadon said:
Posts I report, or posts I've made that are reported by others?
The former.

Related to Are Posts in the Member Awards Forum Counted Towards Post Count?

What is the purpose of the Posts in Member Awards Forum?

The Posts in Member Awards Forum is a platform for members to share their accomplishments and achievements with the scientific community. It serves as a way to recognize and celebrate the hard work and contributions of members.

Who can create posts in the Member Awards Forum?

Any member of the forum can create posts in the Member Awards Forum as long as they have met the eligibility criteria for the specific award or recognition being shared.

What types of posts are allowed in the Member Awards Forum?

The Member Awards Forum is specifically for posts related to member achievements, awards, and recognitions in the field of science. This can include publications, grants, conference presentations, and other notable accomplishments.

How can I nominate someone for an award in the Member Awards Forum?

Nominations for awards in the Member Awards Forum are typically made by other forum members or through a formal nomination process set by the forum administrators. You can also contact the forum administrators directly to inquire about the nomination process.

Are there any guidelines or rules for posting in the Member Awards Forum?

Yes, there are typically guidelines or rules set by the forum administrators for posting in the Member Awards Forum. These may include the format of the post, eligibility criteria for the award, and any other specific requirements. It is important to review these guidelines before creating a post in the forum.