AP Physics Problem: Solving Homework Equations

In summary, the key steps to solving an AP Physics homework equation include understanding the problem, choosing the appropriate equation, rearranging the equation, substituting values correctly, and checking the answer. To improve problem-solving skills, practice regularly and seek help when needed. Common mistakes to avoid include using the wrong equation and not checking for reasonableness. To remember equations, group them by topic and create flashcards or a cheat sheet. If stuck on a specific equation, break it down and seek help from resources or teacher.
master_333

Homework Statement

1 c and e from the jpeg image.

Homework Equations

W = Fd
KE = 1/2mv^2

The Attempt at a Solution

P = 42.875 * 60 J / 5.3s
P= 485 W

and I don't know how to start 1e.

Could you please help me.

Attachments

• IMG_20160116_154151.jpg
    IMG_20160116_154151.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 368
Physics news on Phys.org
The image is very hard to read

Related to AP Physics Problem: Solving Homework Equations

1. What are the key steps to solving an AP Physics homework equation?

The key steps to solving an AP Physics homework equation include: understanding the problem and identifying the given information, choosing the appropriate equation(s) to use, rearranging the equation(s) to solve for the desired variable, substituting the values and units correctly, and checking the answer for reasonableness.

2. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in AP Physics?

To improve your problem-solving skills in AP Physics, it is important to practice regularly and familiarize yourself with the fundamental concepts and equations. You can also review old homework problems and try to solve them without looking at the solutions, as well as seek help from your teacher or peers when needed.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving AP Physics homework equations?

Some common mistakes to avoid when solving AP Physics homework equations include using the wrong equation, making incorrect unit conversions, and not checking the answer for reasonableness. It is also important to double-check calculations and make sure all values are substituted correctly.

4. How can I remember all the equations for AP Physics?

It can be difficult to remember all the equations for AP Physics, but one strategy is to group them by topic and understand the relationships between them. You can also create flashcards or a cheat sheet with the most frequently used equations, and practice using them in different problems.

5. What should I do if I am stuck on a specific AP Physics homework equation?

If you are stuck on a specific AP Physics homework equation, try breaking it down into smaller parts and tackling them one at a time. You can also consult your textbook or notes for similar examples, or ask your teacher for help. It is important to not get discouraged and keep practicing until you understand the concept.