Anyone remember magnetic drawing boards?

In summary, the conversation is discussing a type of whiteboard that is perfect for math, as it does not require chalk or markers, does not have a funny smell or dust, and has precise erasing abilities. The conversation also mentions the option of the H2-Whoa! board, which does not require any erasing, but is more like an Etch-a-Sketch. The participants also share their personal experiences with using whiteboards for math and recommend it for brainstorming.
oahz

^^^ that's precisely the one that i need.

perfect for math...

no chalks or markers. no funny smell, no dust. no maintenance.

love the precise erasing as well

anyone know where i can pick up one of these...but for adults?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
How about the H2-Whoa! board, you don't even have to erase anything :biggrin:
http://justb-byou.com/toys/creative/h2-whoa/

oahz said:

^^^ that's precisely the one that i need.

perfect for math...

no chalks or markers. no funny smell, no dust. no maintenance.

love the precise erasing as well

anyone know where i can pick up one of these...but for adults?

You have to erase the board from the back?:confused:

I'd rather deal with the funny smell...

I do have two dry white board at my place.It's quite fun to do math.It's also better for my back and neck than sitting at a desk.I would recommend it to everybody who likes to brainstorm.

I've never heard of that thing. It appears to just be a modification of an Etch-a-Sketch, so the technology is about 50 years old.

Related to Anyone remember magnetic drawing boards?

1. What is a magnetic drawing board?

A magnetic drawing board is a toy that consists of a flat surface with small magnetic particles underneath, and a magnetic pen or stylus that can be used to draw or write on the surface.

2. How does a magnetic drawing board work?

The magnetic particles underneath the drawing surface are arranged in a grid pattern. When the magnetic pen is moved over the surface, the particles align with the pen, creating a visible line. The particles can be easily erased by swiping the surface with a built-in eraser or by shaking the board.

3. Are there any safety concerns with using a magnetic drawing board?

As with any toy, there are some potential safety concerns with magnetic drawing boards. The small magnetic particles can be a choking hazard if they are removed from the board, so it is important to supervise young children while they are playing with them. Additionally, the magnets can cause damage if swallowed, so it is important to keep the board away from young children who may put objects in their mouth.

4. Can a magnetic drawing board be used for educational purposes?

Yes, magnetic drawing boards can be used for educational purposes. They can be used to practice writing, drawing shapes, and learning letters and numbers. Some magnetic drawing boards also come with stencils and templates that can be used to create more complex designs or practice tracing.

5. Are there any alternatives to traditional magnetic drawing boards?

Yes, there are now digital versions of magnetic drawing boards that use a stylus and LCD screen instead of physical magnets. These digital boards often have additional features such as different pen colors and interactive games. However, traditional magnetic drawing boards can still be a great option for young children who are learning to write and draw.