Anyone reccomend any free Typing Software

• Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Software
In summary, the conversation discusses the use of typing software and the challenges of learning how to type properly. The individuals share their experiences and suggest using structured programs or games to improve typing skills. Muscle memory and practice are also mentioned as key factors in learning how to type without looking at the keyboard.
Saladsamurai
...that makes it at all fun or goofy? I use a free program now... but it is so mundane

Anyone have any good experiences?

Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean by typing software?

Cyrus said:
What do you mean by typing software?

Oh yeah. I mean "teach me how to type" software. Sorry :smile: I NEED to learn how to type properly (without looking).

Anyone use any cool tutorials or games or what-have-yous?

Chat all day, all the time. It will come.

Just like using a remote without looking.

JasonRox said:
Chat all day, all the time. It will come.

Just like using a remote without looking.

I don't know. I am 29 and I still can't type. And since I am in school= no time for chat :frown:

Plus, when I do chat, I just look anyway... I don't have the patience when I am chatting to not look at the keyboard. But if it is structured... I can deal.

Place your fingers on the little tabs at the keyboard. You're pointing fingers on each hand go on the respective tabs. The rest is just muscle memory from practice. Hit the enter key with your right hand pinky. Hit the space bar with your left thumb. Hit caps lock, tab and shift with your left pinky. It will come with time. I typed this without looking at the keyboard.

Related to Anyone reccomend any free Typing Software

1. What are some good free typing software options?

Some popular options for free typing software include Typeracer, TyprX, TypingClub, and Ten Thumbs Typing Tutor. These programs offer a variety of lessons and exercises to improve typing speed and accuracy.

2. Are there any free typing software programs for children?

Yes, there are several free typing software programs specifically designed for children, such as KidzType and Dance Mat Typing. These programs use fun and interactive games to teach typing skills to kids.

3. Can I track my progress with free typing software?

Many free typing software programs offer the ability to track your progress and see your improvement over time. This can be helpful for setting goals and monitoring your typing speed and accuracy.

4. Do I need to download any software to use these programs?

Some free typing software programs require a download, while others can be accessed online through a web browser. It is important to check the requirements before choosing a program to ensure it is compatible with your device.

5. Are there any free typing software programs for non-English languages?

Yes, there are free typing software programs available for many different languages, including Spanish, French, and German. Some programs even offer multiple language options, allowing you to practice typing in different languages.