Anyone here worked on or know of near field antenna measurements?

In summary, the person is seeking help with near field antenna measurements and is looking for someone who is knowledgeable on the topic. They are specifically having trouble with the sampling procedure for creating a plane wave spectrum and are using mathcad for their measurements. They are asking for more details and clarification on the number of samples needed for a 1 dimension planar near field measurement.
farazk86
Hi,

Im looking for some one who has worked on or knows the concept of near field antenna measurements.

If there is anyone here I would really appreciate that you reply and answer some of my questions.

I am having trouble with the sampling part for creating my plane wave spectrum.. I am doing my measurements over a 1 dimension planar near field measurement and will be using mathcad.

If anyone knows the topic please reply and ill post more details about my topic.

Thank you

Engineering news on Phys.org
no one?? :(

i just wanted to clarify the sampling procedure..

that is if i am going to calculate over only 1 dimension in planar near field measurement.. then how many samples should i take on the probe field?

I don't think I'm the person you're looking for, however I did work with a near field radio link in the 200 - 400 kHz range. Can you describe your setup and the problem you're having in more detail?

Related to Anyone here worked on or know of near field antenna measurements?

1. What are near field antenna measurements?

Near field antenna measurements are a type of measurement technique used to evaluate the performance of antennas in close proximity to the antenna, typically within a few wavelengths. This method is used to study the radiated fields of an antenna and can provide valuable information about its efficiency, gain, and radiation pattern.

2. How are near field antenna measurements performed?

Near field antenna measurements are typically performed using a probing device, such as a probe antenna, that is placed in close proximity to the antenna under test. The probe antenna collects the near field data, which is then used to calculate the far field characteristics of the antenna.

3. What are the advantages of using near field antenna measurements?

There are several advantages of using near field antenna measurements, including the ability to measure the near field characteristics of an antenna without having to place it in a large anechoic chamber. This method also allows for faster and more precise measurements, as well as the ability to measure multiple parameters simultaneously.

4. Are there any limitations to near field antenna measurements?

Yes, there are some limitations to near field antenna measurements. One limitation is that the measurements are only accurate within a certain distance from the antenna, typically within a few wavelengths. Additionally, the accuracy of the measurements can be affected by environmental factors such as nearby structures or objects.

5. How are near field antenna measurements used in practice?

Near field antenna measurements are commonly used in the development and testing of antennas for various applications, such as wireless communication systems, satellite communications, and radar systems. They can also be used in antenna diagnostics and troubleshooting to identify any performance issues or design flaws.