Anyone here use Crest Pro Health for that methhead-look that's in now?

• Thread starter moe darklight
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Health
In summary, people are having brown spots on their teeth, and Crest Pro Health mouthwash may be to blame. It's unclear if the product is still being sold, as there are no recent mentions on the internet. Some people have had problems with it, including breaking their arm, but most users seem to have no problems.
moe darklight
http://consumerist.com/363684/crest-pro+health-mouthwash-i-woke-up-with-brown-spots-on-my-teeth"

SCARY stuff. I've googled the internet and this doesn't seem to be a joke. People everywhere are waking up with brown meth-addict teeth!

Scary thing is I just bought a bottle today and used it... so here's to me not waking up with brown spots on my teeth tomorrow morning

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BS6VWC/?tag=pfamazon01-20

So what's the deal here? I have trouble believing that a company will leave a product that stains people's teeth on the market for months like this. Does anyone here use it? Anyone have any trouble with it?

Should I throw away the bottle?

Should I jump out my window and run around screaming like a lunatic in my PJ's and wake up all the neighbors?

Basically I have to be up in 5 hours. 'nite (morning?).

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
moe darklight said:
http://consumerist.com/363684/crest-pro+health-mouthwash-i-woke-up-with-brown-spots-on-my-teeth"

SCARY stuff. I've googled the internet and this doesn't seem to be a joke. People everywhere are waking up with brown meth-addict teeth!

Scary thing is I just bought a bottle today and used it... so here's to me not waking up with brown spots on my teeth tomorrow morning

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BS6VWC/?tag=pfamazon01-20

So what's the deal here? I have trouble believing that a company will leave a product that stains people's teeth on the market for months like this. Does anyone here use it? Anyone have any trouble with it?

Should I throw away the bottle?

Should I jump out my window and run around screaming like a lunatic in my PJ's and wake up all the neighbors?

Basically I have to be up in 5 hours. 'nite (morning?).
Ack! I wouldn't use that stuff. Maybe you should talk to the place you bought it from and let them know about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was at Target a few weeks ago, I considered trying that stuff out, but ended up going with the classic Listerine - I'm glad I did :smile:

edit... wow, the bad part is that the article was published in early March 2008, and it seems like nothing has gone on since then...

I notice there seems to be a number of comments about this on the net. And apparently some of it was brought to a head more recently as a result of a Today show from May 8.

Apparently the browning spots may be a result of cetylpyridinium chloride that is the active ingredient in the mouthwash.

Fwiw I did find this note from WebMD that claims the article was reviewed by dentists:
"Mouth rinses and washes containing chlorhexidine and cetylpyridinium chloride can also stain teeth."
http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/tooth-discoloration

The anecdotal references to loss of taste for any period of time are noted by a couple of accounts, but I found little to support this outside the few accounts.

hmmm I use it, but not daily, maybe twice a week. I've used it for several months without any side effects.

I used it daily for several months, with no side effects at all. My husband had the loss of taste, and quit using it.

I use the toothpaste, I don't like the taste, but I noticed my teeth are whiter.

But I've also broken my arm twice since I started using it! I'd be very careful!.

Crest Pro Health rinse definitely caused a problem for me. When I first checked the Crest website about a month ago the FAQ suggested using Crest whitening strips. :devil:

Now I can't even get the FAQ page to come up??

http://www.crest.com/crestrinses/index.jsp

A big problem I notice is that the space between the teeth is not being helped by the strips.

hm... maybe I'll go back to listerine/scope after all.

Evo said:
But I've also broken my arm twice since I started using it! I'd be very careful!.

:eek: this stuff is more dangerous than I thought!

Evo said:
I use the toothpaste, I don't like the taste, but I noticed my teeth are whiter.

Evo, I wonder if Stannous Fluoride (0.454%) and Sodium Hexametaphosphate somehow promote osteoporosis...

Related to Anyone here use Crest Pro Health for that methhead-look that's in now?

1. What is Crest Pro Health and what does it do?

Crest Pro Health is a line of oral hygiene products, including toothpaste and mouthwash, that are designed to improve oral health and prevent dental issues such as cavities and gingivitis.

2. Is Crest Pro Health safe to use?

Yes, Crest Pro Health products are generally considered safe to use. However, some individuals may experience side effects such as sensitivity or allergic reactions. It is always best to consult with a dentist before starting any new oral hygiene routine.

3. Can Crest Pro Health be used to achieve a "methhead-look"?

No, Crest Pro Health is not intended for cosmetic purposes and cannot be used to achieve a "methhead-look." It is important to maintain good oral hygiene for overall health and not for the purpose of altering one's appearance.

4. How often should Crest Pro Health be used?

Crest Pro Health toothpaste should be used twice a day, in the morning and before bedtime. The mouthwash can be used once or twice daily, depending on individual needs.

5. Are there any potential downsides to using Crest Pro Health?

Some individuals may experience side effects such as sensitivity or allergic reactions. Additionally, using too much fluoride-containing toothpaste can lead to fluorosis, a condition that causes discoloration of the teeth. It is important to follow the recommended usage guidelines and consult with a dentist if any adverse reactions occur.