Anyone have a simple RLC circuit in Mayura Draw?

In summary, the speaker is having trouble finding .eps files for inductors, capacitors, and resistors for a document in LaTeX. They are looking for a Mayura draw circuit with these components to modify it to their needs. They have tried drawing an inductor themselves but are not satisfied with the result. They mention that the standard symbols for these components are a rectangle for resistors, three connected half-circles for inductors, and two parallel lines for capacitors. The speaker asks if there is a more visually appealing option, but ultimately decides that the current symbols are sufficient.
LCKurtz
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
I'm writing a short document in LaTeX and I can't find any .eps files online for inductors, capacitors, or resistors. If someone has a Mayura draw circuit containing those components that they would share, I could modify it with MD to do what I need. I've tried drawing an inductor myself, but it doesn't look so good.

Engineering news on Phys.org
The rectangle for resistors, three connected half-circles for inductors, and two parallel lines for capacitors are fairly standard. You want something more lavish? :)

milesyoung said:
The rectangle for resistors, three connected half-circles for inductors, and two parallel lines for capacitors are fairly standard. You want something more lavish? :)

Actually, that's probably good enough. The inductor is the tricky one. I was trying to make a nicer looking inductor with little loops (not so easy) and figured somebody must have already made a nice looking one.

Related to Anyone have a simple RLC circuit in Mayura Draw?

1. What is an RLC circuit?

An RLC circuit is an electrical circuit that consists of a resistor (R), an inductor (L), and a capacitor (C). It is a type of series circuit that is commonly used in electronics and is known for its ability to resonate at a specific frequency.

2. How does a simple RLC circuit work?

In a simple RLC circuit, the resistor, inductor, and capacitor are connected in series. The resistor limits the flow of current, while the inductor and capacitor store energy. When an alternating current (AC) is applied to the circuit, it causes the inductor and capacitor to oscillate, resulting in resonance at a specific frequency.

3. Why is Mayura Draw used for creating RLC circuits?

Mayura Draw is a vector-based drawing program that is commonly used for creating technical diagrams and illustrations. Its user-friendly interface and tools make it a convenient choice for designing RLC circuits, which often require precise and accurate diagrams.

4. What are some common applications of RLC circuits?

RLC circuits have various applications in electronics, including in filters, oscillators, and amplifiers. They are also used in radio and television receivers, as well as in power supplies for electronic devices.

5. Are there any limitations to using a simple RLC circuit?

While simple RLC circuits have many practical uses, they do have some limitations. They are often designed for a specific frequency and may not function properly at other frequencies. Additionally, they can experience energy losses due to resistance in the circuit, which can affect their performance.