Anyone else celebrating Star Wars Day?

In summary, the conversation revolved around the celebration of Star Wars Day on May 4th. Some people used a vacation day to watch the movies, while others participated in themed workouts or had fun at their workplace. However, the conversation also veered towards discussing problems with vehicles in the winter and the possibility of trading them in for a DeLorean.
XZ923
Today is May 4th. I used a vacation day (I've got a quite a bit saved up) and am home watching the Star Wars movies in machete order. Just curious if anyone else is celebrating this sacred holiday and if so how?

Likes BillTre
Physics news on Phys.org
May The Forth Be With You!

I am of a darker disposition so I will wait for Revenge of the Fifth ...

Likes BillTre and Greg Bernhardt
yesterday we worked out to a star wars themed circuit workout, han solo squats, luke warm-ups, test the force...

Related to Anyone else celebrating Star Wars Day?

What is Star Wars Day?

Star Wars Day is an unofficial holiday that celebrates the Star Wars franchise. It takes place on May 4th each year and is a day for fans to come together and celebrate their love for the series.

Why is Star Wars Day celebrated on May 4th?

Star Wars Day is celebrated on May 4th because of the popular phrase "May the fourth be with you," a play on the iconic Star Wars phrase "May the Force be with you."

How did Star Wars Day start?

The first recorded instance of "May the fourth be with you" being used as a pun on Star Wars Day was in 1979, when the UK Conservative Party congratulated Margaret Thatcher on becoming the first female Prime Minister with a newspaper ad that read "May the Fourth Be With You, Maggie. Congratulations."

Are there any official events or celebrations for Star Wars Day?

While Star Wars Day is not an official holiday, many fans and organizations hold special events and celebrations to mark the occasion. These can include movie marathons, costume contests, and themed parties.

Can I celebrate Star Wars Day even if I'm not a fan of the franchise?

Yes, anyone can celebrate Star Wars Day! While the holiday is primarily for fans of the series, it's also a fun and lighthearted way to bring people together and enjoy the iconic films and characters.